Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do we love Bruce Springsteen so much?

Options
  • 16-07-2013 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭

Why do us Irish love Bruce Springsteen so much? I know hes one of the great artists and all but we seem to go haywire when he plays here. I remember watching the rte news a few months back and they covered the concert at the rds. Then tonight theres a huge buzz for the gig in Limerick.

So is there any particular reason for this? I'd say nearly every fan of his in the country has seen him by now :P .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

deadybai wrote: »
    I know hes one of the great artists
    That coupled with the fact the gigs are 3-4hours with almost everybody enjoying them. Like casual fans who might only have a greatest hits album or just 2-3 others.

The likes of bob dylan is "one of the great artists", but many casual fans would not like his live gigs at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

In the Limerick concert he dedicated Glory Days to the Limerick Hurlers who have just won their first Munster title in 17 years. He also sent out good wishes to JT McNamara the jockey badly injured in Cheltenham. That is just so classy. And as people say he plays for hours. It helps that he also has written some amazing songs :D

http://jrnl.ie/996282f

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

Does anyone know if there are buses running back down south after his concert in Belfast tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭redhill

matty55 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are buses running back down south after his concert in Belfast tomorrow?

Ur a bit vague in where u wanted to goto, "down south" covers a wide area
    There are special services on trains and buses, covers mostly NI though
    Try
    http://www.translink.co.uk/Services/NI-Railways/Special-Offers/Bruce-Springsteen-Rail-and-Coach-Specials/

Or if its Dublin u require try the Aircoach, it goes From BELFAST to DUBLIN AIRPORT and DUBLIN CITY CENTRE, leaves every hour even thru the nite
    Time table here
    http://www.aircoach.ie/table.routes.belfast.php

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

+ he's way better than the sh1te we hear on the radio nowadays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

He's still writing and recording top quality music. "Girls in their summer clothes" and "Radio Nowhere" were fairly successful songs on commercial radio. there's not too many guys still doing it at the same level! I'm 32 and I only became a fan after The Rising. Really loved the last few albums. His fan base is getting younger, which is some achievement.

Once he's onstage he gives the audience his full attention. His effort is massive! If you've seen him live you'll understand.

He seems to like us too for some reason.
    By all accounts a decent bloke too.

Plus he has Steve Van Zandt in his band! I'm a big Stevie fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i'm a bit meh when it comes to the boss, Born in the USA is the only album of his that i truly like

and i don't regard shouting as good singing

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭De Bellem

deadybai wrote: »
    Why do us Irish love Bruce Springsteen so much? I know hes one of the great artists and all but we seem to go haywire when he plays here. I remember watching the rte news a few months back and they covered the concert at the rds. Then tonight theres a huge buzz for the gig in Limerick.

So is there any particular reason for this? I'd say nearly every fan of his in the country has seen him by now :P .

Well he is around a long time. He was once called "The future of Rock and Roll
    and he proves it all night. There is as expected the Irish connection,

"Alice Springsteen's family were Irish emigrants from Kildare who came to America in the 1850's....." from BRUCE by Peter Ames Carlin ( pub 2012)

or just because he is so good that we recognize his artistry and he responds and we in turn appreciate that

Who knows, but what I do know is a fair exchange is no robbery and the boss
    always delivers on his side of the bargain and we appreciate him in our own unique Irish way

Advertisement