Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Constance Carroll Makeup

• 16-07-2013 7:14pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone remember buying this in the Poundshop when they were younger? :D I used to rob my big Sister's.

I just googled it on a whim cause something reminded me of it.. they are still going and have a website and all :Dwww.constancecarroll.co.uk

Memories :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I thought I was the business with my perm, Constance Carroll Make-up and Exclamation! perfume.

The shame.:o:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I thought I was the business with my perm, Constance Carroll Make-up and Exclamation! perfume.

The shame.:o:D

Oh god yeah :D and the hair stiff with cheapo hairspray :D Good times!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

The only make up I could afford - loved it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Constance Carroll flavoured rollerball lipglosses, shadow quads and Tribe perfume! Oh God I feel old!

Lets not forget the clear mascara :D great if you were Mediteranean.. Not so great for us Irish mortals :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

xzanti wrote: »
    Lets not forget the clear mascara :D great if you were Mediteranean.. Not so great for us Irish mortals :pac:

Great for tidying the eyebrows though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

You just described my teen disco era! Oh God! Clear mascara, I think I just used powder and no foundation (probably had no clue how it was supposed to work!) and horrible pastel eyeshadow. I've really fair eyebrows and definitely did nothing with them back then to improve that so I'd say I looked ill. Rotten!

A spritz of Charlie or Exclamation and a slick of glitter hair mascara and I was the business! Not!

I see girls now about 13 or 14 and they're so clued in on make up and hair, I hadn't a clue. More pressure on them too though to be fair, so manky as I was, things were probably easier on teens then.

I wonder is it still in my local pound shop!

Meangadh wrote: »
    I see girls now about 13 or 14 and they're so clued in on make up and hair, I hadn't a clue. More pressure on them too though to be fair, so manky as I was, things were probably easier on teens then.

Very true, I think also the quality of 'budget' makeup is much better these days.. the likes of 17 and Essence is very affordable for the tweens and looks a hell of a lot better than what we had to work with :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Great for tidying the eyebrows though!
    I had forgotten about this! Using it all down to the last drop, even though it was discoloured with foundation after a couple of uses.
    Oh god yeah :D and the hair stiff with cheapo hairspray :D Good times!!!
    Hairspray after a can of mousse - between my hair and cheap perfume I don't know how I survived my teens without spontaneously bursting into flames!

Did anyone else use Panstik that was the obligatory 10 shades too dark, and applied to leave a rather fetching tideline around the jaw?

Excuse me now while I go to burn some photos. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Did anyone else use Panstik that was the obligatory 10 shades too dark, and applied to leave a rather fetching tideline around the jaw?

Oh God. I wasn't that into make up but I remember my friend doing my make up like that for our school play in 6th class. She was much darker than me and it was already way too dark on her but somehow we thought it was fine on me. I dread to think what those photographs look like.

• Advertisement

I had forgotten about this! Using it all down to the last drop, even though it was discoloured with foundation after a couple of uses.

Awe look, they still have it :D

0jwc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

my eyes are itching at the thought of this!
    any one remember the coloured hair mascara? it always looked crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

oh god this is too funny talk about a blast from the past!

I remember the hair mascara - your hair would be instantly dry and crusty wherever you applied it and it was hell to brush out!

I get jealous of the kids no days with decent make up that doesnt cost the earth. I had to make do with the pound shop in the square and the clear mascara, the random coloured eyeshadows (I think I had a penchant for wearing a manky orangey one at one stage!), the lip gloss and the dodge foundation

I also went through a ridiculous madonna inspired phase when she went all indian inspired for a while and would insist upon drawing dots and designs across my eye brows, wearing stick on bindis between my eyes and drawing ornate designs on my hands in pen because I didnt know anywhere that sold proper henna. How my mum didnt kill me.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

This thread makes me feel a million years old!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I gotta say Im cringing reading this thread; and thinking back to beng a teenager CHRIST ALMIGHTY! I looked awfu; picture this; high waisted (yet baggy) denim jeans brought back from by an Aunt who went to Boston (lucky me!), a baggy fleece (everyone wore fleeces ya know!), black shoes, hair slicked back into a manky ponytail except for two bits hanging down at the front that had hair mascara matted into them... Greasy teen skin and round specs! Cringe!

I remember going to the 5th Year social and a friend doing my makeup; I had never even considered my eyebrows needing tidying and as for my Constance Carroll foundation? Yup, the obligatory 10 shades too dark. Morto!

Funny memories! Was actually tempted to buy a little bottle of Exclamation for the little sister recently, brought me back down memory lane!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

Oh I loved the roller ball lip gloss, I spent more time licking it off though :D

I wasn't really into make up at all back then but I remember buying some for my Mam as a Mothers day gift, I'd say she slipped it into the bin on the sly:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I had awesome bright blue eyeshadow - it was amazing! Used to apply it over a line of white eyeliner, just for extra intensity. Luckily, I wasn't really one for foundation, but I did have that tube of Rimmel concealer that looks like lipstick that obviously made all blemishes invisible. I remember it was all poundshop stuff (ValuLand actually, I think!) until I was about 12 or so when Boots opened in Mullingar - oh the excitement!!! Impulse body sprays were the shiznit too.

Advertisement