Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer help

Options
  • 16-07-2013 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

i have a Canon MP490 and it wont print black, what could be wrong with it :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Has the black cartridge been changed recently?
    How long since you last printed a page?
    Do you use legitimate Canon ink, or 3rd Party refills?

The nozzle could be clogged. Check your printer settings, theres usually a a maintenance tab, usually theres only a printer head cleaner, but some newer models have a nozzle cleaner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

They ware changed at some point, Im guessing not original ink cartridges though

I look through the settings menu in a while and see could I clean the head with a cotton bud maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

They ware changed at some point, Im guessing not original ink cartridges though

I look through the settings menu in a while and see could I clean the head with a cotton bud maybe

Have a look here:
    http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/Consumer_Products/products/Fax__Multifunctionals/InkJet/PIXMA_MP_series/PIXMA_MP490.aspx?faqtcmuri=tcm:13-669564&page=1&type=faq

You could wipe the head with a cotton bud, but use isopropyl alcohol (usually comes with CD/DVD cleaning packs). Be careful though any scratches on the head will cause more problems. Try the link above first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

johndoe99 i love !! ill try it later
    i have ipa for cleaning cars before waxing

Advertisement