Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medion akoya E7214 trouble

Options
  • 16-07-2013 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭

Hi I have the above laptop for a few years now, TBH I never really took great care of it and now it's showing. The laptop won't work without the charger plugged in and cuts off sometimes if the charger is moved or sometimes just cuts out anyway. Last week the screen gave in and now I can't use it unless it's plugged into an external monitor. So basically now I have a bulky laptop that resembles a desktop more than a laptop.

Has anybody any idea what could be causing these problems and would I be able fix them myself? I suppose the power problem is to do with the PSU? The screen looked as though the cable may be loose but I took it off and everything seemed fine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

baraca wrote: »
    The screen looked as though the cable may be loose but I took it off and everything seemed fine.

You'll get a replacement on Ebay for 50 quid.
    baraca wrote: »
    I suppose the power problem is to do with the PSU?

More likely with the DC connector.

Usually this can be fixed by soldering a new connector to the motherboard. Get a quote from your local repair shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Torqay wrote: »
    More likely with the DC connector.

Usually this can be fixed by soldering a new connector to the motherboard. Get a quote from your local repair shop.

Could it be the battery? I don't want to go getting that done when something else could be the problem.

Thanks very much

Advertisement