Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone in eircon know what they are doing?

Options
  • 16-07-2013 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Since I switched back to eircon they haven't been able to get anything right, the "line test" says I can get 12 Mb yet I only get 6 Mb, the modem was not sent to where I asked it be sent. Now my vdsl upgrade which was scheduled for tomorrow is put back to sometime on Jul 24. I try calling support and choose the option for "efibre" yet the script monkey that answers says that this is the wrong department and I need to transfer you, they transfer me to a number that rings forever but no one answers. This happens 3 times. Can somebody tell me what's going on or should I just transfer back to vodafone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ronoc75 wrote: »
    Since I switched back to eircon they haven't been able to get anything right, the "line test" says I can get 12 Mb yet I only get 6 Mb, the modem was not sent to where I asked it be sent. Now my vdsl upgrade which was scheduled for tomorrow is put back to sometime on Jul 24. I try calling support and choose the option for "efibre" yet the script monkey that answers says that this is the wrong department and I need to transfer you, they transfer me to a number that rings forever but no one answers. This happens 3 times. Can somebody tell me what's going on or should I just transfer back to vodafone?

Hi ronoc75

Broadband support can be contacted on 1890260260 and if you chose option 0 you will be transferred straight to an agent. Unfortunately I'm unable to offer advice or support on efibre broadband querties ot efibre order updates.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ronoc75

I don't need broadband support I need to know why my original install was cancelled and when the install will actually happen. I suppose I shouldn't have expected a helpful reply from a company that just transfers enquiries to lines that never get answered.

I don't need broadband support I need to know why my original install was cancelled and when the install will actually happen. I suppose I shouldn't have expected a helpful reply from a company that just transfers enquiries to lines that never get answered.
    Ok ronoc75

Apologies for the misunderstanding there, please contact the efibre team on 1800503303 for an efibre order update.

Thanks

Al

What a ****ing joke. I call that number and they transfer me to eMobile, as if I'm going to give them more business when they can't even sort out my existing business. No wonder this country is still in the dark ages as regards broadband.

What a ****ing joke. I call that number and they transfer me to eMobile, as if I'm going to give them more business when they can't even sort out my existing business. No wonder this country is still in the dark ages as regards broadband.

Hi ronoc75

I'm sorry to hear this, if you are a business customer eircom business sales can be contacted on free phone 1800503603 or 1800601701

Al

• Advertisement

So unless I'm a business customer (which I'm not) I'm screwed. You should put that on your adverts!

So unless I'm a business customer (which I'm not) I'm screwed. You should put that on your adverts!
    ronoc75

I had advised you of the business number as you had previously suggested can't even sort out your existing business. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

Al

Advertisement