Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to start?

Options
  • 16-07-2013 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

As the title of my post says, I'm not sure where to start? A number of years ago as a BOI customer I got into serious debt with a BOI credit card. My account was cancelled and I received several letters notifying me that legal action would be taken against me. At the time I was going through a lot of personal turmoil and everything had become too much and I totally ignored all my financial problems. I have since turned everything around in my life but realise that my credit rating and debts makes it impossible for me to open an account anywhere. as you can imagine I am eager to get my financial life back in order as it is nearly impossible to do anything without a bank account. I would like to work out a way in which I could become an account holder again. I have no idea where I stand in relation to my debts, but I am willing to do whatever it takes to get back on track financially and work out a way to repay my debt without getting into this sort of trouble again. The whole experience has taught me a great deal about managing money, I am employed full time in a secure job. Any help that you think you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

As the title of my post says, I'm not sure where to start? A number of years ago as a BOI customer I got into serious debt with a BOI credit card. My account was cancelled and I received several letters notifying me that legal action would be taken against me. At the time I was going through a lot of personal turmoil and everything had become too much and I totally ignored all my financial problems. I have since turned everything around in my life but realise that my credit rating and debts makes it impossible for me to open an account anywhere. as you can imagine I am eager to get my financial life back in order as it is nearly impossible to do anything without a bank account. I would like to work out a way in which I could become an account holder again. I have no idea where I stand in relation to my debts, but I am willing to do whatever it takes to get back on track financially and work out a way to repay my debt without getting into this sort of trouble again. The whole experience has taught me a great deal about managing money, I am employed full time in a secure job. Any help that you think you could offer would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi foggyyeah366,

Thank you for taking the time to post.

We would not be in a position to comment on your personal situation, all I could suggest is to contact one of our branches and speak with a customer adviser who will be happy to discuss this with you.

You can find the contact details for our branches here.

We are glad to hear things are looking up for you and wish you all the best in your future.

Seán

Advertisement