Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoe repairs in town?

Options
  • 16-07-2013 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Heya,
    I've been meaning to get a pair of winkle pickers re-heeled and the sole reattached (wore them everyday, running for buses, even hill walking :p), I was just wondering if anyone knew the best place in or around town to get this done? I'd rather get it done as cheaply as possible in a decent place, so not cheap in spite of quality (though I don't know how badly it could go wrong). I was thinking of a Chinese place on Thomas Street, but I just want to see if anyone knows a particularly good place!

I was also thinking of the Shoe Hospital on Grattan Street. Does anyone know if they're good? Or still there, in fact?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The Shoe Hospital is still open as far as I know. I can ask the owners daughter tomorrow for you if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭emilyjmc

I've always found C&D on Charlemont St do great repairs, prices not unreasonable either and the heels last for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Heel bar at Pearse Dart station.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

January wrote: »
    The Shoe Hospital is still open as far as I know. I can ask the owners daughter tomorrow for you if you want.

Ah, it's grand thanks, I'll actually pop by tomorrow, thanks a million for the offer though! :)
    emilyjmc wrote: »
    I've always found C&D on Charlemont St do great repairs, prices not unreasonable either and the heels last for ages.
    Heel bar at Pearse Dart station.

Going to check out these two as well, might as well have a peek, thanks a million! :)

Advertisement