Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

p90 firiing weird

• 16-07-2013 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Im having a problem with my p90. its firing noting, then firing one at seriously low power then 3 more like this then fires grand for a while then does it all again. sometimes it fires right sometimes it doesn't. anyone any ideas what the blue blazes is going on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,748 ✭✭✭DeBurca

First thing I would look at is the air-nozzle/tappet plate to see if it is moving freely and is traveling ALL the way forward so as to form a good air seal with the hop-up rubber
    Is the hop-up rubber correctly installed, it is vital in forming a good air seal

One other thing is the gearbox pushed all the way fully into the body of the P90
    There should be a foam/rubber layer on the rear of the gearbox retaining plate and this ensures that the gearbox is pressed tightly against hop-up unit, if they are not pushed tightly together then you can run into feeding problems and low FPS

Just one last thought did you fit the spring around the inner barrel as this is needed to keep the barrel hop-up unit pressed tightly against the gearbox

• Registered Users Posts: 13 beau_tie

the barrel is defiantly in right i done a lot of research before i put it in. the problem is an old problem tho it started after i had to replace the spring after i had the wrong power sent over so im assuming its not new barrel connected. i had a feeling it was just the mag and switched from the midcaps to the 68 round "fancy" mag and it seemed to go away. it started again yday after the test firing. im pretty sure that the gearbox is pressed it far enough as ive fired it and physically pressed it in while firing to check that its in right. do you think i could of done something that would cause this while i was in the gearbox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,748 ✭✭✭DeBurca

I would still have a look at the tappet plate/air-nozzle movement to check that they are moving freely and traveling fully forward so as to form a good air seal with the hop-up rubber

When you had the gearbox apart did you lube the groves in the gearbox case where the tappet plate slides in ???????????

Advertisement