Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

never happy with hair

• 16-07-2013 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Just wondering for those who have blond hair, do you usually just get highlights only? Or do you prefer to get both highlights and colour in between foils mostly? I usually just do highlights but I'm seldom happy with the look, I think I may need to go back doing the colour (mesh) the highlights. Is this a nicer more natural look?
    I was told highlights alone can make re growth last longer but from experience I don't agree.
    Suggestions please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36 lover_of_life

Hi op,

i get a mesh done every 2 months. light blonde, medium blonde and a light brown. I find its very natural looking. I does get a bit brassy after a month so I use purple shampoo every two weeks to keep the colour fresh.

I used to just get highlights but like yourself i found that my roots were more noticeable than when I had a mesh.
    definitly recomend a mesh (more expensive ) but worth it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

maryjoe wrote: »
    I think I may need to go back doing the colour (mesh) the highlights. Is this a nicer more natural look?
    I was told highlights alone can make re growth last longer but from experience I don't agree.
    Suggestions please?
    I used to just get highlights but like yourself i found that my roots were more noticeable than when I had a mesh.
    definitly recomend a mesh (more expensive ) but worth it :D

I'm confused, meche is highlights. Your hairdresser might use a couple of different tones, but it's still just highlights if all you're getting is a head of meche.

OP, do you mean getting an all-over tint first, and then a few highlights over it? That's what I get, as the highlights break up the samey-ness of the tint.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭rainbows7

This is what I mean.
    I was confused earlier when it was recommended I do mesh, which is highlights, which is what I've been doing..

Advertisement