Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vanity/Icon - How easy to get past bouncers?

Options
  • 16-07-2013 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

So I'm a second year student but not 19 yet because of terrible luck. I don't look that young, I'm fair tall, and I'd be in a group of 19/20 yr olds...

Is there any chance of getting past the bouncers on UL ID and a bit of talk alone?

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Is this Icon in Limerick? They I.D. everyone that goes in there in my experience. I am assuming that you are a girl? Then you might have a better chance if you just walk up confidently but I wouldn't guarantee it.

You might get lucky its worth chancing it. Try to get into Smyths early before the bouncers get on then you can get into Icon o questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Hey, I was 18 all through second year. Typical, 17 all through first year when nightclubs were over 18s, and 18 in second when nightclubs decide they want to be over 19s! :rolleyes:

Anyway, how far away from 19 are you? Generally, Vanity are alright if you're within several months. Icon, I've heard of a few people getting in with student ID who "forgot" their other ID. I'm not sure how effective this actually is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 tragic and blonde

I was 18 a few months back, but it was the same with being 17 during first year aha...I never got refused then though so it's good to hear they don't just turn everyone away so thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mr.Mackey

The bouncers in The Icon are nothing short of pigs.

God’s gift to a doorframe is what they would have you believe.

If they had a brain cell for every smart comment they made on the threshold of that doorway they would probably dribble on themselves less.

I could go on....

Have a Passport or Age Card ready, it's the only thing these guys can read without great difficulty.

If you still can't get in, go to a place that has a bit of self respect, Costellos, 5e in and none of that tripe that goes on down that end of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Cadroc

I was in Icon one night, had to go to the ATM so got the hand stamped and left. When I got back the doors were closed. I was fairly sober, and walked around to Smyths where a few of the bouncers were clearing people out. Pointed out that I had a stamp on my hand and wasn't left in and they laughed it off, so I asked to see their manager. They gave me a fake name for the guy, so I asked where he was and they pointed at one of them who I went to talk to. Turns out he was one of the head bouncers for the night and I explained that I either wanted to be let in or to receive my money back. He said to go back around to the doors at Icon and he'd be out in a few minutes. When I got there there was a large crowd around the doors and I stood waiting. The bouncers were letting some people out but none in. After another five or ten minutes of just standing there, the guy I'd been talking to walked over and grabbed me, dragged me to the door and threw me inside telling someone to 'call the guards and arrest me'. Granted I was confused by the whole incident, but when the door closed they let go and told me to enjoy my night. They just didn't want to be seen to be letting anyone in. All in all, fair play to them. Didn't expect to get back in and was going to resign myself to a strongly worded email, and a lonely wait in chicken hut. So the bouncers aren't ALL bad. Just said I'd show another side to them, fairly off topic though.

When did Icon become 19's? Is that actually enforced?

• Advertisement

Icon mightn't actually be, just something I'd heard but can't find anything on their facebook page to say so!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

None of my business OP, and feel free to ignore this, but based on the previous posts, do you still want to go? And if so, why?!?

:confused:

Yep, for sure, but don't exactly know why! I've never had an experience as bad as above though. I guess I'm still at the point where it's still fun

Advertisement