Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best footware long hours on ones feet

Options
  • 16-07-2013 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi guys. Work long hours on my feet. Normally I would wear boots. But looking for a shoe or light boot. Must be black in colour. Been using a brand of hiking boots I would not normally go for ended up with very tender heel. Vet said its planterfasciaitis or the like. Feet fine in crocs or runners but cant wear ether. So ideas guys
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

oldon wrote: »
    Hi guys. Work long hours on my feet. Normally I would wear boots. But looking for a shoe or light boot. Must be black in colour. Been using a brand of hiking boots I would not normally go for ended up with very tender heel. Vet said its planterfasciaitis or the like. Feet fine in crocs or runners but cant wear ether. So ideas guys
    Thanks

Vet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Vet?

Oldon volunteers as a tracker dog with Mountain Rescue :D

If you have good boots, have you considered cushioned insoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Have you ever tried Magnum boots? Find them comfy, waterproof, but still able to breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

I'd recommend Magnum boots too.

They're a bit pricy but worth the investment.

The first pair of safety boots I got were cheap ones for around 30 euro. They did the job but were heavy and uncomfortable, especially after a few hours.

But I switched to magnum a while ago and couldn't believe the difference. They're great for long hours.

Best thing about them is how light they are. I comfortably did a 5km walk in them and have even ran for a bus in them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement