Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

$19.95, $19.99 or $20 ?

Options
  • 16-07-2013 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭

Just looking for opinions. Currently doing up pricing, going to be including delivery & taxes in the price, which is the best to go for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Whilst many have moved to a whole pricing model, the €19.95 price point is seen as best as it is "Under €20" whereas 19.99 and 20 is seen as €20.
    Once you reach €100, I would always go for full pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kgarvey

I looked into this a few years ago and found somewhere great advise stating that using 7 in your model helps make more sales. Dont ask me to where i read it now but i find alot of stuff online all end in 7.

for example $27, £37, $57, $97 or even using the decimals $19.97

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I moved from the $20 price structure to $19.95 and it does make a difference. Peoples minds seem to have adjusted to .99 now and they just think of it as 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kgarvey

jimmii wrote: »
    I moved from the $20 price structure to $19.95 and it does make a difference. Peoples minds seem to have adjusted to .99 now and they just think of it as 1.

Its amazing really. I have talked to internet marketers before and they have said they would sell more of the same product at $67 than $37 also as people think its a better product or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

kgarvey wrote: »
    Its amazing really. I have talked to internet marketers before and they have said they would sell more of the same product at $67 than $37 also as people think its a better product or something like that

Yeh that happens as well people are wary of something that looks nice but is too cheap as they think it must be poor quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Test all of them and decide based on the results. It's the only way to be sure.

Advertisement