Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Triathlon - Complete vs. Compete

Options
  • 17-07-2013 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi All,

I wanted to ask some advice about this event as I'm relatively new to triathlon (completed a sprint event a few years back).

I'd like to complete the Olympic event as a physical challenge. Currently in decent shape after cycling the ring of Kerry and doing some additional training. Looking at last year's results I notice that there was only person over 4hrs and about ten over 3:30.

Is this event geared for hardcore racers only or do others complete it as a physical challenge?

I would estimate my times as:
    Swim 45mins
    Bike 80mins
    Run 60mins
    Plus transitions

I think it would be a great event to do however I don't want to interfere with the top racers or to be the only wolly who is just out for the day and the 99 at the finish.

Thanks in advance for the feedback

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 RunMD

This year DCT are hosting the National Championships , but in saying that its a really friendly race , I do it every year , Good bunch of guys and well run tri ..

Don't get hung up on times .. your times are fine , Enter it and enjoy the day.

As far as I know the Olympic is due to sell out very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I wouldn't worry about getting in anybody's way. Just don't start from the front on the swim.

I finished Dublin in 3:42 for my first effort at Olympic distance. There weren't many behind me but I never felt under pressure. Marshals kept encouraging me right to the end as did the few spectators that were left hanging around.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Turtle001

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm entered and will give it my best on the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭BohToffee

I'm in the same boat as you but not brave enough to do the full tri...
    Only doing the sprint...

Advertisement