Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Mooney Summer School

• 17-07-2013 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hey Guys,

Im thinking of doing the school this year adult beginner tin whistle, just wondering what the classes are like. what are the numbers like is there many in the classes, went to learn tin whistle before and I was being thought the likes of ba ba black sheep and old McDonald... will I be thought more suitable music here, sorry for all the questions

Thanks T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Eshaness

Haven't made it there in last 2 years due to work, but it is a great week- great atmosphere, friendly and not rowdy- as far as I know they split the tin whistle into adult beginner and child beginner so you would be in with people like yourself, classes numbers when I was there (improvers tw) were about 15, but i'm sure it can vary depending on number of enrolements and teachers involved. wish I could go this year but cant..:(

Also quality of teachers were great- in my last classes there there was an emphasis on learning tunes from the sligo/leitrim tradition; but that can vary depending on the teacher in question. Definitely all pure trad!

Advertisement