Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta on the Eircom Sportshub after August 1st?

Options
  • 17-07-2013 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

People may be aware that the Eircom Sportshub currently broadcasts Setanta and is available if you are a subscriber to an Eircom broadband package. This included English Premier league games on Saturday afternoons at 3pm up to the end of last season.

Setanta is relaunching as a 5 channel pack from 1st August for €19.99 per month via satellite. Will Eircom continue to broadcast at least Setanta with its Saturday 3pm games when the new EPL season starts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

People may be aware that the Eircom Sportshub currently broadcasts Setanta and is available if you are a subscriber to an Eircom broadband package. This included English Premier league games on Saturday afternoons at 3pm up to the end of last season.

Setanta is relaunching as a 5 channel pack from 1st August for €19.99 per month via satellite. Will Eircom continue to broadcast at least Setanta with its Saturday 3pm games when the new EPL season starts?
    Hi Mr Cumulonimbus

Good question, I've wanted to know this myself. I'll request clarification on this and get back to you as soon as I have a concrete answer.

Thanks

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Any updates on this? Will Setanta remain on the Sportshub after August 1st?

Some tweets by Eircom on their Twitter page re this:

https://twitter.com/eircom/status/359957189563129856

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Any updates on this? Will Setanta remain on the Sportshub after August 1st?

Some tweets by Eircom on their Twitter page re this:

https://twitter.com/eircom/status/359957189563129856

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus

We have not been advised of any change to the services / sports available on the eircomSportsHub

Thanks, Mark

Setanta's new 5 channel pack (Setanta Ireland, Premier Sports, BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN) starts broadcasting today. Any update as to whether Setanta will continue on the Sportshub? It's still on there today anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

People may be aware that the Eircom Sportshub currently broadcasts Setanta and is available if you are a subscriber to an Eircom broadband package

I wish that were the case, but it is not.

Eircom do not allow all their subscribers access to those streams.

They block access from any subscriber who is not using either Windows or MAC.

There used to be a way to get to the streams if you were one of the 'excluded', but they blocked off that access too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Setanta's new 5 channel pack (Setanta Ireland, Premier Sports, BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN) starts broadcasting today. Any update as to whether Setanta will continue on the Sportshub? It's still on there today anyway.
    [font=Times New Roman", "serif]Hi Mr Cumulonimbus, [/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif] [/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]We have had several customers querying this and we have had no more updates since last week on this. At the moment there is no plan to stop setanta broadcasting on sporthub.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]If we get any update or more information on this we will be contacting our customers. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Tracey [/font]

Setanta posted the following (see image) on their Facebook page today stating that Setanta Ireland would be continue to be available on the Sportshub, but with no live Premier League games from now on:
    Eircom customers will be able to continue to watch the Setanta Ireland channel but no Live Premier League games are on this channel.

The following message appears onscreen on the Sportshub site if you are not an Eircom broadband subscriber:
    Setanta video content is exclusively available for customers who have a home eircom broadband package.
    With eircom broadband you get free online access to Setanta Sports with 33 Live Barclays Premier League games, Champions and Europa League, FA Cup plus a wide range of other Live and On Demand Sports.

I think this information needs to be changed in the light of the update from Setanta, yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Setanta posted the following (see image) on their Facebook page today stating that Setanta Ireland would be continue to be available on the Sportshub, but with no live Premier League games from now on:
    Eircom  customers will be able to continue to watch the Setanta Ireland channel  but no Live Premier League games are on this channel.  

The following message appears onscreen on the Sportshub site if you are not an Eircom broadband subscriber:
    Setanta video content is exclusively available for customers who have a home eircom broadband package.
    With eircom broadband you get free online access to Setanta Sports with 33 Live Barclays Premier League games, Champions and Europa League, FA Cup plus a wide range of other Live and On Demand Sports.

I think this information needs to be changed in the light of the update from Setanta, yes?
    Hi Mr Cumulonimbus

Thanks for highlighting this, I'll pass this on to operations.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement