Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I prepay my bill?

Options
  • 17-07-2013 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi

I have paperless billing and direct debit setup for your bills but is it possible to pay in advance through the post office or something as I would like to reduce my direct debits in the winter. Is anything like this available as I dont want to change to prepaypower.ie or pinenergy.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Dialandeliver,

A customer can pay into their Electric Ireland account any time - a bill in full or smaller instalments.

In the case of customers who pay by direct debit, the payment method needs to be paperless: e.g. by debit card on our website or any of the other paperless methods listed here.
    And direct debit customers also need to be made aware that a period of five working days minimum is required between their final payment into the account and the date of the direct debit, in order to prevent cross-over.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dialandeliver

Hi Una

Thanks for quick reply.

What I want to do is leave the Direct debit as it is and from time to time pay extra into my electric ireland account if I have it to spare so that I will have my bill paid before I even get one.

What I was wondering is if I brought a copy of my last bill to the post office and made a payment of lets say €100 which would mean I would have paid €100 of my next bill when I get it as I would be in credit. is this possible.

Thanks again for reply
    padraig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi Padraig,

Yes, you can certainly build up credit on your account by paying towards your balance whenever you can. If you have cleared the balance or there is a credit on your account on the due date for your Direct Debit, then we will not request a collection from your bank. This credit will then go towards the balance on your next bill.

An issue would only arise with this method if you are availing of a Direct Debit discount on your account. If this is the case, then by making subsequent payments outside the Direct Debit collection, you would be at risk of loosing the associated Direct Debit discounts.

For making your payments, I can arrange for an Easypay card to be sent to you if you like. This is a card we can issue which has your name and Electric Ireland account number on it, so that you don't have to bring your bill into the Post Office/Payzone outlet whenever you'd like to make a payment. If you would like me to send you one, please PM us your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number.

If you've any further questions on the above, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Aoife

Advertisement