Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blakestown Lights

Options
  • 17-07-2013 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Any pedestrians have any issues with cars driving through red lights at the lights beside scallywags crèche?
    Decided to walk to the centre today and went to cross on the green man when 3 cars turned right towards mulhuddart. I understand one car that may be in the middle of the junction waiting on a turn but 3. Not a happy camper as I just made it across before the lights changed.
    Rant over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Not excusing what happened to you but they should have never removed that roundabout. Traffic was never an issue there ( bar maybe the week before Christmas ). Its an absolute hatred of mine, especially when coming from Mulhuddart. I really really hate it.

Rant just beginning....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I've seen it a few times early in the morning, last week I saw a car coming from Mulhuddart drive straight through a red (no slowing) onto the Blakestown road, a few seconds later and there would have been an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Similar scenarios on a regular basis at the Clonsilla station. So many cars come over the bridge into Clonsilla, and the light could be well red, but they'll still gun it. Same story at the junction at Lohunda/Ongar.

Can't say I ever noticed it at the lights at Scallywags though. But yeah, people need to cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Keep reporting them to TrafficWatch 1890-205-805

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Ah yes. The good ole days:rolleyes:

263100.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement