Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadworks Littlepace and phibblesown

Options
  • 17-07-2013 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Anyone know what the roadworks on the roundabout atMary Mother go Hope and at the roundabout on the phibblesown road at turn for Scoil Grainne and Setanta ar for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Drop the Ball

Not sure about Littlepace, but in Phibblestown Fingal have taken ownership from the developers of the road leading to Scoil Setanta. They are upgrading the roundabouts, and adding ramps and a cycle lane. Hopefully they will add a pedestrian crossing too.

http://leovaradkar.ie/2013/02/e1-8m-for-cycle-pedestrian-bus-projects-in-d15-varadkar/
    Ongar Cycle Network – €1 million
    Construction of Cycle Network in Ongar-Castaheany area, comprising: Toucan crossing at west end of Old Hansfield Road; pedestrian/cyclist facilities along western side of Hansfield Road; access to Scoil Pobail Setanta/Phibblestown Centre from North West; Littlepace/Castaheany, Rosedale/Hazelbury, Manorfields and Blackwood/Ongar roundabouts to be redesigned to improve cyclist and pedestrian movement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

They are designing new paths for the cyclists ,building dedicated cycle path paid from my money so that "they" can share with cars the road side all the time... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Drop the Ball

rolion wrote: »
    They are designing new paths for the cyclists ,building dedicated cycle path paid from my money so that "they" can share with cars the road side all the time... :)

I support my tax money being spent on these kind of initiatives in my community, I just hope that the new cycle lanes are fit for purpose for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The works are as much about improving crossings and access to the new schools for people on foot as for bikes, the volume of kids going along those routes now is huge. I dont think many would object to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 o2bearebel

I'd say the roundabout works on Littlepace road and associated footpath works is going on over 2 months now. Embarrassing how slow that is. I'm OK with helping pedestrians and cyclists with such a project - but can someone please tell me that our politicians and councillors had the brains to build in a road re-surfacing plan into this project also ? It's been a disgrace for over two years now.

o2bearebel wrote: »
    I'd say the roundabout works on Littlepace road and associated footpath works is going on over 2 months now. Embarrassing how slow that is. I'm OK with helping pedestrians and cyclists with such a project - but can someone please tell me that our politicians and councillors had the brains to build in a road re-surfacing plan into this project also ? It's been a disgrace for over two years now.

I know your feelings but is more than a simple roundabout...Is more roads work there such as new paths, traffic lights, pipes & cables underground, pedestrian lights !
    Looks nicer even if is smaller ...
    And the cyclists...they will be still using the cars main road even with the new cycle paths, dont set yourself false hopes ! :)

What still piss me off are the drivers that haven't learned to use the fcuking indicator at round about ! You can stay in the car and watch how the idiots are turning beside you and never bothered to indicate.. now, that they are forced to drive slower, you can reach their window and slap them over their face and even better, use the indicator on their behalf !!!
    Ben brought down to their limited intelligence the other day with one specimen, driving a taxi and he started "fcuk off, mind your own f... business" as I watched him, driving slowly beside me right without indicating !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I've been away a while and have come back to see that new footpaths/cyclelanes and street lighting are being installed on the road up to the entrances to the schools in Ongar and on up to back of Dunnes. I'm glad to see this as it was not very pedestrian friendly and was dark at night.

Does this mean Fingal Co Co have taken over parts of Ongar and are carrying out the works then as I imagine the developer (whom I think is in receivership) wouldn't do this sort of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭nicnac

Delighted to see that they are upgrading our roads.
    It took me over an hour to get out of little pace this morning with my son. He was 30 minutes late for school. I wonder why the council could not do this work in the evenings or on the weekend. I have never seen that road so jammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nomesc

I think it was the new zebra crossings that caused the traffic because once I got past them there was nothing. Road workers were only setting up. My daughter was late for school too. My normal 15-20min journey to Tyrrelstown for school took 45mins

• Advertisement

Weekend works cost a fortune and are only done in emergencies or on heavy main routes. They wont do them at night because the same kids they left late for school would be kept awake by the machinery. Cant win really. Hopefully theyll get on with it and get out soon

This is really worrying if it was the zebra crossing that caused the traffic jam. That means that this is a long term traffic jam and that my commute to work is no longer possible. I was not able to get to the creche this morning, or get the train in. I ended up having to get one of the neighbours to mind my youngest and walk 20 minutes to the bus. I was late by 2.5 hours for work :(

If it is the zebra crossing then I don't know what I will do.

Surely in the mornings if there are lollipop ladies on duty, the zebra crossings aren't needed? They should only be turned on outside of peak school times. Mind you, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case and they have made a balls of it. Fingal Co. Co. have a habit of adding a cloud to every silver lining. :rolleyes:

Arciphel wrote: »
    Surely in the mornings if there are lollipop ladies on duty, the zebra crossings aren't needed? They should only be turned on outside of peak school times. Mind you, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case and they have made a balls of it. Fingal Co. Co. have a habit of adding a cloud to every silver lining. :rolleyes:

There were two lollipop ladies there up until quite recently. They were doing an excellent job!
    I don't have any issue with them upgrading the roads to make them safer for the children in the area. It is nice to see some investment in the road network.

This morning I thought the issue was with the roadworks, but if it is the new pedestrian crossing then there will be a traffic jam every morning to get out of the estate. An hour to get out of the estate in the morning from now on? :eek:

It means that getting the train to work, or using any of the facilities in Ongar, such as child minding is completely out from now on. The only route out of the estates such as Hunters Run in the morning is by foot, via Huntstown Wood!

So have they completely replaced the lollipop ladies with the pedestrian crossing then? if so, that's a complete joke.

Not sure Arciphel. It would seem foolish to get rid of the lollipop ladies. Primary school children wouldn't understand the significance of a pedestrian crossing. They would still need adult supervision crossing the road. The roundabout is also quite tight, so any car going too fast could easily clip the toes off a kid standing at the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I saw 2 lollypop ladies this afternoon there.

But there was also construction workers with their lollypops also.

It seems the construction lollypop lads aren't on all the time so this might be the reason today.

So, the chances are the same tailbacks will happen in the morning too?

nicnac wrote: »
    So, the chances are the same tailbacks will happen in the morning too?

Id say so if the construction lollypop men are there.

How was it this morning? I left early so missed all the fun.

• Advertisement

I left earlier too and there was no issue ; )

I left the house at half nine, didn't see any traffic problems. I noticed in the heavy rain the last few days that quite a big body of water collected there at the left side of the new roundabout outside the school, hope this is only a temporary blocked drain and not a problem with the drainage plan for the road...

I left the house at half nine, didn't see any traffic problems. I noticed in the heavy rain the last few days that quite a big body of water collected there at the left side of the new roundabout outside the school, hope this is only a temporary blocked drain and not a problem with the drainage plan for the road...

Notice that myself the other morning.
    Also on the N3 where the old tarmac meets the new sound tarmac its pooling there in the rightlane.

i wonder what it is like at 8.20, which was my usual time.

Anyone know why the main roundabout at the stud farm end of Littlepace (Clonee N3 link) has been levelled?? The raised middle section had nice stone and a few conifers and plants (and illegal butchers adverts sometimes) but its all been removed and is just flat now.

The roads around are featureless enough without the Council vandalising the few nice bits. They neednt say its for safety, the visual sightline was perfectly acceptable because of the downhill approach from each direction. Pure unecessary and wasteful.

Yeah Larbre, I only noticed it the other day when driving through when the wife remarked on it, prior to that I hadn't noticed. I agree, they couldn't have done it just to try and improve visibility through the junction. The only thing I can guess is that they might be thinking about putting a light in the middle of that roundabout in the future?

What's the point of 24/7 dual flashing amber lights at the school roundabout from each direction, even when coming from inside the school yard ?

What's the point of 24/7 dual flashing amber lights at the school roundabout from each direction, even when coming from inside the school yard ?

I was thinking the same the other day rolion. Not to worry, when they get the first ESB bill they'll switch that off :rolleyes:

I believe they call that a pedestrian crossing.

• Advertisement

I believe they call that a pedestrian crossing.

They don't need to leave it on all day though. It is at the entrance of the school and school isn't open 24/7

Advertisement