Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Different resistance heads.... Why?

Options
  • 17-07-2013 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭

Ok, a couple of weeks ago I found myself buying a bunch of different resistance heads (they were cheap and I felt like experimenting).

Then I saw the video for the Kick clone and I remembered I bought the heads.

The thing is... Why?

I'm using a Protank, an evod and a vivi nova (which I love btw) but is the only reason to buy various heads to use it with a variable voltage mod?

Using the 2.2 ohm head seems to make the Protank spit a bit. Is this normal? It seems to get quite hot too. Should I invest more of my rapidly diminishing vape funds on the Kick clone or what?

Also looking at a DBOX puritank too.

Somebody talk some sense into me, please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Lower resistance atties and heads were brought out to give a warmer vape to people with low voltage batteries.

You're the second person I've seen say that a higher resistance made their protank hot which says something is amiss with those heads - they should be cooler if fired at the same voltage.

If you have a mod for the kick or clone/s to fit into and set it to 8watts or whatever then each head should fire at the exact same heat without having to change anything. If you don't get a cheap VV battery like an eGo Twist or Vision Spinner to vary your heat.

Advertisement