Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Pixmania

Options
  • 17-07-2013 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm having a very annoying issue with Pixmania at the moment(who would have guesed).

Anyway, I ordered three products from them on Thursday(CPU, PSU and Motherboard).The package arrived on Monday and basically they sent the wrong motherboard. Everything else was perfect.

I rang them straight away and they said they wouldn't process a refund or send the correct motherboard until I shipped back the incorrect one.

I'm fairly certain that's illegal as asking me to ship something I didn't order back to them sounds ridiculous. I told them they could gladly collect the product any time but that I wouldn't not be paying to ship it back nor would I take responsibility for doing so.

Anyway, can anyone shed some light on this, if it has happen to them before, or similar issues and what's my legal right here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

I had a similar problem recently, although not with pixmania. Send the item back,
    your item will be sent and ask for reimbursement for the postage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Not sure on this one. If you're going to send it back and ask for a refund, I'd confirm in writing that they're going to refund you, I wouldn't rely on them keeping their word. And don't accept a credit to your store balance either.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭PyeContinental

This is what Pixmania do. You order something, and they pick a random something else and send it to you. Then when you try to sort it out, they make it as difficult as possible to contact them, won't pay for postage, and if you're exceptionally lucky, you might get the actual item you ordered about 8 weeks later.

I am amazed every time I hear that people still buy from them. Sorry for the unhelpful post, but I hope you and others reading take this as a lesson never to buy from Pixmania again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Weird I've had nothing but good things from Pix regarding returning stuff. I recently went to return an ipod dock that was nearly out of warranty and had stopped working when on batteries.

Their return instructions were conflicting: their site said return everything (cables, accessories, box etc.), and the automated email I got explicitly said only return the item with no other cables or anything.

I mailed em about it and within 36 hours they got back to me profusely apologizing - in the mean time I couldn't be arsed waiting so just sent everything back. But their email instructed me UPS would pop round and pick it up whenever I wanted which I totally wasn't expecting. I told them I'd already sent it back and they told me to mail my bank details and they would return the shipping cost immediately too (less than a tenner to France so I didn't care), I was surprised at how fast and generous they were being, especially considering the product was bought ages ago and the returns were technically down to Sony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

returns were technically down to Sony.
    Not under Irish law, your contract is with the retailer, so retailer is first port of call as they're obliged to sell goods of merchantable quality and where that proves not be the case, to remedy the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Pixmania will have to pay for the postage back and for sending the correct item. It was their fault in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Sorry for the lack of updates.

Basically here is what happened.

I opened a dispute with Paypay and it was upped to a claim, once there I had asked for a partial refund for the incorrect product and Pixmania refused. Paypal stated they cannot do a partial refund without the sellers permission and so told me they would do a full refund once I shipped all products back.

I told Paypal I had no intentions of paying for shipping for all the products, however I had no problem sending them back. Oddly they offered a £25 good will gesture to cover the costs, which i taught messed up since it wasn't there fault, the girl said it was really for the hassle involved and was a one time gesture.

However, I contacted Pixmania to arrange to send them all back, confirmed the address and all and they said they would arrange collection, I taught even better, because to be honest, I wasn't sure what company I was going to get to ship to France.

Anyway, I arranged the collection that day and it was collected(funny enough it was just a few hours after the same courier delivered a different package to me).

Here is the kicker, the address was different from what Paypal had on their system for Pixmania, which actually makes sense as the package was going to their warehouse and the address on Paypal was their head office.

That meant that Paypal wouldn't except the receipt for delivery as proof and would either require Pixmania to confirm the package to the warehouse was okay or confirm recieve them package after they got it. I wasn't taking the chance they would wait days after getting the package to confrimit to paypal, so I contacted Pixmania and asked them to confirm before they got the package.

That way once it was signed for on the delivery, all would be done and the refund was processed.

Guess what, Pixmania kept saying they would do it, but Paypal had heard nothing from them regarding this. So naturally there was a lot of back and fort with me trying to get them to it and Paypal sending them emails and not getting a repsonse.

So it get's to Friday(two days ago) and I'm talking to Pixmania and the guy there is explaining some nonsense like the person who deals with the irish paypal account was there on Friday and he couldn't repsond to the claim himself even though he mentioned that they got no emails regarding the claim(how did he know if he didn't have access).

Anyway, I contacted Paypal once last time to let them know that clearly Pixmania are refusing to contact you back and since they arranged collection, I could't really do anything more, but before I could mention most of it. The guy I was speaking too pretty must said hang on one second. He asked did I give a tracking number to paypal and I said yes, then said alight I see it's in France already, hold for just a minute. Then comes back and says he has closed the claim and processed my full refund.

Needless to say I was shocked, mostly happy it was finally done with, but part of me wondered why they couldn't just do that when it was collected in the first place and the back and fort with Pixmania was completely pointless since Paypal kept saying the address would need to be the same bla bla bla.

Anyway, while the issues about getting Pixmania to contact Paypal confirming the address could be chopped up too a break down in communication within different departments, although not responding to emails from a valid paypal claim is sloppy and laxy at best.

The main issue with sending the incorrect product and them not accepting responsibility for their actions is simply put the most irresponsible thing a company can do, and while they aren't the only company to do it. I can't believe someone that large would even bother trying to save a few euros.

Also, taught I would mention, this wasn't a shipping error but an advertising one. They have the Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 advertised on the site but instead are shipping the M5, even though I reported it, they still have it listed incorrectly. I guess that is false advertising.

Advertisement