Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I would not recommend TESCO VISA IN IRELAND

Options
  • 17-07-2013 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I live in Ireland and I find Tesco Visa appalling, it takes up to 10 days for to get my visa bill to me, you cannot see it online, I have made numerous complaints about this, after I complain the following month the bill comes within a couple of days, then the following month back to delayed delivery, they fail to investigate wrong transactions immediately, they refuse to use email or allow people to see their bill online , I have had it with them I am going to the financial regulatory about them, they should not operating in Ireland as the service given here is appalling & would not recommend anyone get a Tesco visa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

+1

I know that you can check transactions if you log into your club card account on their website but its very basic. My visa card expired at end of June. I contacted them mid June and at the end of the month to say I received no replacement card. Now mid July and still no card. Useless bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Just don't go there, for your own stress levels.

5 weeks on after applying, 3 phone calls and when I contacted them they tell me it'll be impossible to have the application processed on time for my hols in 8 days time.

They obviously don't want the business.

How could it take 6+ weeks from application date?
    Why not have a list of stuff to send in with original application instead of it taking 4 weeks to send me a letter asking for paperwork.

The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Looks like I got a lucky escape so, 5 weeks into the application process, 3 or 4 phone calls later, after sending back requested docs etc I still have no card.

Do they actually want the business do you think?

It's an absolute crock of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Looks like I got a lucky escape so, 5 weeks into the application process, 3 or 4 phone calls later, after sending back requested docs etc I still have no card.

Do they actually want the business do you think?

It's an absolute crock of ****.

I'm half tempted to stop making my monthly payments. Since I no longer even have a card to use. I'm sure that might get a reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

We really don't need three threads on this same topic. Merged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I have a Tesco VISA card and I have no real complaints to make. Granted the lack of online account is a bit annoying, but the new Clubcard facility has gone a long way to helping that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Blue Crystal

I think theyre a very helpful bunch, had mine in 10 days or less from applying, you can keep track of your spending via the tesco clubcard number

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Never had a problem with them. Proactive fraud monitoring. Fast delivery of additional/replacement cards. Nothing to complain about

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

renomadden wrote: »
    I live in Ireland and I find Tesco Visa appalling, it takes up to 10 days for to get my visa bill to me, you cannot see it online, I have made numerous complaints about this, after I complain the following month the bill comes within a couple of days, then the following month back to delayed delivery, they fail to investigate wrong transactions immediately, they refuse to use email or allow people to see their bill online , I have had it with them I am going to the financial regulatory about them, they should not operating in Ireland as the service given here is appalling & would not recommend anyone get a Tesco visa.

I moved to Tesco from AvantCard, so they seem so fantastic, professional and efficient compared to AvantCard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Just been chatting to them re an overlimit charge and the application of interest charges despite the account being paid in full. The guy took on board my concerns especially re the lack of online visibility, but according to him, a strategic decision was taken at board level and online access is not on the agenda for Ireland anytime soon. He also told me that refunding of overlimit fees (an anachronism if I ever I saw one) had also been stopped following a 'strategic decision at board level about 9 months ago'. I guess he was probably a student worker in for the summer who decided to have some fun with paddy. But in any case the whole infrastructure for irish customers is rubbish.

Here in Ireland, we receive account statements about 10/12 days after the date on the statement and then we have to make sure our payments are made and cleared 5 days before the next statement date, leaving us a window of about 10 days to ensure that everything is in order. However in the UK all users have full access to an online facility.

I would and should leave, but when the account runs well I can make significant savings on my bord gais bill and that just about keeps me in there. It's just such a constant hassle trying to remember what your approximate balance is all the time, and yes, I know I could ring them. I must give the clubcard thing a go again, but I have seen it before and know it's not ideal by any means.

• Advertisement
Advertisement