Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can't stay signed in

Options
  • 17-07-2013 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭

I was having a problem with you tube and following advice I got to clear temporary internet files I think I cleared cookies that keep you logged in, every site I go into is asking me to log in anyone know what I can do? I have restored the computer to a different time in system restore but that didn't work

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

casio4 wrote: »
    I have restored the computer to a different time in system restore but that didn't work

System restore only restores system files, it doesn't have a snapshot of your entire PC.

If you clear session cookies, then they're gone for good.
    You must login to every site again.
    Some sites have checkboxes to say "stay logged in" or the like.
    They will set the cookie expiry time to sometime in the far future,
    so you won't need to repeatedly login.
    You should only do that for computers you trust, and not computers shared by others eg. work, college computers.

Other programs like "CCleaner" will delete your cookies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

thanks I think I got it sorted I had the box ticked for delete browsing history:o

Advertisement