Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to I sign up for 3D secure?

Options
  • 17-07-2013 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

BOI you need to sort your website. I have been to the verified by Visa site to sign up for 3D secure. This directs me back to the BOI website http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/credit-cards/3d-secure/   whereupon there is a message saying 'Sorry, we are unable to find the page you are looking for'. Pushing the 3D secure link on the page that it defaults to takes me to the FAQ which tells me loads of stuff but not actually how to sign up. Extremely frustrating, I don't even want 3D secure but have no choice. At least you could make it easy to do

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula H

Hi Mycall

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulty accessing 3D secure.  

The only way to sign up for Verified by Visa is when you are purchasing something online. You are then advised to set up a password onscreen. 
    You are not linked into an external website, such as the above, in order to do this. The website you mention above is purely for information purposes. 

When you are next buying something online, you will be asked some security questions particular to your account. You are then invited to set a secure password, which will then be confirmed to you and you can complete your purchase. 

Thanks for posting. 

Paula H

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mycall

Ok thanks for the clarification. That may even be in the FAQ but I didn't spot it. There certainly isn't a bold type question heading  saying How do I sign up for 3D secure? if there had been it would have been a great help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula H

Hi Mycall

The reason there is no heading for 'How do I sign up for 3D secure' is because you don't initiate it, you are invited to sign up at the time of purchase. 

We appreciate that it may be helpful if this was mentioned on the website to advise customers of it. With this in mind, we will pass on your comments to the appropriate area. 

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. 

Paula H

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Erbsentier

Hi,

I have as well problems to sign up for the password. I wanted to buy tickets for a festival online and after typing in my details, I was asked to type in my password, but I have never been asked before to sign up. Then finally after 2 hours trying, I found a link before which leaded me to the activation, but as a result I got the message, that my card is not eligible. What to do now????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

Erbsentier wrote: »
    Hi,

I have as well problems to sign up for the password. I wanted to buy tickets for a festival online and after typing in my details, I was asked to type in my password, but I have never been asked before to sign up. Then finally after 2 hours trying, I found a link before which leaded me to the activation, but as a result I got the message, that my card is not eligible. What to do now????
    Hi Erbsentier,

Thanks for posting.

If you are having issues with 'Verified by Visa' please contact Banking 365 on 0818 365 365/00353 1 4044000 and select option 6 and then option 2 in the self service.  This will put you through to a representative who will be happy to assist you.

Thanks

Sean

• Advertisement
Advertisement