Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom engineer callout procedure?

Options
  • 17-07-2013 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Last Saturday, I reported a fault to Eircom, phone worked fine but broadband was down, after testing my line said it was a fault with the line and an Engineer would be sent out within 3 days, I told them that during the day the house would be unoccupied (at work) but was told not to worry as they would phone or text me if they needed access.I heard nothing so phoned Eircom last evening, and was told the engineer had called but there was nobody to let him in.
    A couple of points, I live in a detached house, with only one house beside me, I don't have a house name or number, usually I have to direct people to my house as my postal address is a bit vague, nobody from Eircom has called to my house in 15 years previous, my one an only neighbour didn't see any Eircom engineers or vans.
    Also I would have expected a card or a note to say they called.

So maybe I'm being sceptical but, no phone call/text (as promised) no calling card, avoided being seen by my neighbour and most amazing of all they could find my house, when numerous couriers and delivery men could not.

I was also told that the next available date for an engineer to call would be early next week at 2 o’clock, but they would contact me before hand!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Last Saturday, I reported a fault to Eircom, phone worked fine but broadband was down, after testing my line said it was a fault with the line and an Engineer would be sent out within 3 days, I told them that during the day the house would be unoccupied (at work) but was told not to worry as they would phone or text me if they needed access.I heard nothing so phoned Eircom last evening, and was told the engineer had called but there was nobody to let him in.
    A couple of points, I live in a detached house, with only one house beside me, I don't have a house name or number, usually I have to direct people to my house as my postal address is a bit vague, nobody from Eircom has called to my house in 15 years previous, my one an only neighbour didn't see any Eircom engineers or vans.
    Also I would have expected a card or a note to say they called.

So maybe I'm being sceptical but, no phone call/text (as promised) no calling card, avoided being seen by my neighbour and most amazing of all they could find my house, when numerous couriers and delivery men could not.

I was also told that the next available date for an engineer to call would be early next week at 2 o’clock, but they would contact me before hand!!!

Hi HAMMERCURRENT

If you would like to PM me your landline details and mobile number I'll look into this and make sure that they have the correct mobile telephone number for you, at this point I'm not going speculate as to why the appointment has been missed but I'll do my best to help.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭HAMMERCURRENT

Hi HAMMERCURRENT

If you would like to PM me your landline details and mobile number I'll look into this and make sure that they have the correct mobile telephone number for you, at this point I'm not going speculate as to why the appointment has been missed but I'll do my best to help.

Al
    Thanks Al,

The "missed appointment" is not my main concern, the engineer could have phoned my land line as this works fine (as reported on Saturday), or left a note, if I hadn't phoned Eircom Yesterday, I'd be none the wiser as to the status of my fault.

I'll PM my details.

Thanks Al,

The "missed appointment" is not my main concern, the engineer could have phoned my land line as this works fine (as reported on Saturday), or left a note, if I hadn't phoned Eircom Yesterday, I'd be none the wiser as to the status of my fault.

I'll PM my details.

Ok HAMMERCURRENT

Thanks for the details, I've sent this to be escalated and highlighted that you would like a call before calling out to you. I can see engineers have done some work at your lines exchange this morning. Hopefully this will be resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭HAMMERCURRENT

Ok HAMMERCURRENT

Thanks for the details, I've sent this to be escalated and highlighted that you would like a call before calling out to you. I can see engineers have done some work at your lines exchange this morning. Hopefully this will be resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks

Al
    Engineer phoned today, we arranged a time that someone would be home, I give him directions to my house, he checked the wiring and equipment, no fault was found, then he returned to the local exchange repaired a fault there, returned to my house to confirm everything was working. 
    All good now.

Engineer phoned today, we arranged a time that someone would be home, I give him directions to my house, he checked the wiring and equipment, no fault was found, then he returned to the local exchange repaired a fault there, returned to my house to confirm everything was working. 
    All good now.
    Happy to hear this HAMMERCURRENT

Thanks for getting back to me

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement