Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In Dublin for a day (on own)- what to do?

Options
  • 17-07-2013 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

Natural History Museum/ Art Gallery Merrion Sq.

Museum on Kildare St

Dublin City Bus tour

Kilmainham Gaol.

Dubli Zoo

Viking Splash Tour

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Glasnevin Cemetery
    The Botanic Gardens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Is he into hill walking ? If Saturday is sunny then he is better off getting out of the city centre and onto the DART- either out to Howth to do the cliff walk to Sutton or to Bray to do the cliff walk to Greystones. Both are a moderate 2-3 hour walk and both have spectacular scenery, even more so on a clear day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

RATM wrote: »
    Is he into hill walking ? If Saturday is sunny then he is better off getting out of the city centre and onto the DART- either out to Howth to do the cliff walk to Sutton or to Bray to do the cliff walk to Greystones. Both are a moderate 2-3 hour walk and both have spectacular scenery, even more so on a clear day

I was going to suggest exactly the same !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

There's a pub at the summit of Howth :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭SolarFlash

Go see the replica High Crosses in the National Museum.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭weldon

The little museum of Dublin (beside Stephens Green Shopping Centre) is well worth a visit. Two large rooms in a Georgian house filled with pictures and artifacts from Dublin over the last 100 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dechol

Pheonix park...farmleigh visitor centre zoo etc. Lots to do for a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

A walk down the South bull wall is always good. Far less busy than Dun Laoghaire too.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

Dublin has lots of good walking tours. Architecture, the 1916 Rising, whatever your interests the odds are good there'll be a tour for you. Google "dublin walking tours" and you'll see.

Cheers,

Ac

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

If I lived back home, I'd be taking trips to the islands.

Ireland's Eye, for starters http://www.islandferries.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,365 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

It'd be a shocking waste of this weather (assuming it keeps up) but Kilmainham Jail is a fantastic way of putting in a few hours. I hadn't been there since school trips and went again a few years ago - I came out with my head spinning with stuff I'd never known or had forgotten.

Couldn't recommend it highly enough!

Or, if by some miracle the weather DOES keep up, how would a boat trip across Dublin Bay and return by DART grab him? http://www.dublinbaycruises.com/ If it's the afternoon the racing will be on in the bay, makes for a lovely sight in the sunshine.

Or, I'd also agree with the Sandymount Strand / Ringsend Nature Park / South Wall dea - it's one of my favourite walks in Dublin.

Advertisement