Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless is fast then after a few minutes slows down.

Options
  • 17-07-2013 11:13am
    Site Banned Posts: 3

Hi.

I am using a netgear wireless router, but it's fine. The problem is this cheap little TP-LINK nano usb adapter I got. You wouldn't even know it's there, it's so small. But the connection to the router according to the windows signal bar is great. I don't think it's either of these that is the problem. The connection after a few minutes slows down to a crawl. Then I have to disconnect and reconnect again and it's fast again.

I figured it was the channels and how I am using one that is busy, but I have changed and tried nearly all of them and still the same problem. There is only 1 (visible) router in the area. Anyone know which channel I should use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Signal strength does not equate to signal quality. If only one other network is showing then choose a channel 5 away from it. Wireless routers are not the only source of RF interference.

Do you know anyone with a different USB wireless adapter you could try to determine if its just your adapter that's useless.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

1,6 or 11 are the recommended channels to use.

Advertisement