Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Platinum Blonde

• 17-07-2013 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi,

Im going to the hairdressers at the end of the week to get my hair died.

I have been getting all over highlights up to now.

I want to have platnum blonde hair...like michelle williams platnum blonde..

What exactly do i ask for?

I went to the hairdressers with this intention before but came away with yellow hair and a burned scalp. Very upsetting. So i'm really cautious getting it done this time...especially because it's not hat weather :)

So what exactly do i ask for? what are the potential pitfalls?

I want to be as clear as possible and get exactly what i want so any help appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Like this?

Blonde.jpg

That looks like she gets an all over colour plus highlights.

I wanted this recently:

Beautiful+Reese+Witherspoon+photos+%252821%2529.jpg

And my hairdresser had to put bleach in to get it that light, so it was bleach + the lightest ash blonde shade. That's quite bad for your hair though, and my roots were brutal.

As far as I know, ash blondes are the least likely to go brassy or yellow.

To keep mine bright, I often use the Revlon Colour Bomb in 1002.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

Just bring a picture, it's always the safest and easiest way to let the hairdresser know exactly what you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Many hairdressers won't do platinum blonde hair, unless it's very very short. Your hair will be ruined! Will require loads of upkeep, purple shampoo will needed to be used to keep the tone right. I don't think it's worth it tbh.

Advertisement