Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protective cage for ESB meter

Options
  • 17-07-2013 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭

Anyone know here I would get one of these? One of our customer's meters has been subject to vandalism and has requested we install a protective cage.

I have tried a few wholesalers and ESB networks but no joy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

any metal fabrication company will be able to make one up, just give them the dimensions of the box.
    the cage would have to be hinged or have access to the box to allow the meter to be read.

i had a look at the killarney plastics website, they manufacture a lot of the meter boxes used in this country, there is nothing on their site but you could give them a ring and see if they do a metal door that fits into the fibreglass enclosure.
    064 6632421

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

Do you know of any metal fabricators that would do it?

Not of the top of my head but ive seen something similar being made from 4 pieces of mitred angle iron welded to make a frame with a steel door tack welded to the frame by its hinges.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

i had a look at the killarney plastics website, they manufacture a lot of the meter boxes used in this country, there is nothing on their site but you could give them a ring and see if they do a metal door that fits into the fibreglass enclosure.
    064 6632421

I just spoke with one of the nice people at killarney plastics who have informed me that they have them in stock. Many thanks.

deadly......it handy to know they do them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement