Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polarised Sunglasses

Options
  • 17-07-2013 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

I have never used these but seen them mentioned on the web where a fisherman got to see the fish under the water. Im wondering how good these are and what should i expect from them. To be honest ive heard other fishermen speak about them over the years but i always thought they were a gimmick and a waste of money so never really looked into buying a pair. Would like to hear how good they are because my birthday is next week and might put a few wee hints out to my family that i need a pair ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

They are great for cutting out surface glare on water and thus will aid spotting fish in shallow water, they'd be of no use in Spotting fish if water was deeper than about 8 feet or there was a ripple on the water. You can pay as much as you're willing to spend really on them but have a look in Argos or on sports direct and you should pickup a cheap pair for around 15 - 20 yoyo's, alternatively, any Chemist should have them also, just maybe a bit more expensive (Not Sure about price). But just to be clear, they are not magic x-ray specs that will allow you to see underwater in all circumstances.

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

You can get a pair of costa del mars for about €300-350, personally i wouldnt dream of spending it.
    One brand that seems popular are "eye level". Their polarised glasses will do the job fine and start about €20. Another budget brand that are supposed to be good are "flying fisherman". Im not saying their as good as high end ones but they do the job for most anglers.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Aim to spend about €40+ any less is just not worth it. A mate of mine had cheap ones for years until he tried my Bolle Piranhas. He could not believe the difference.

If you fly fish you should ALWAYS wear glasses - google "Fish hook in the Eye" to see why!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

got a pair recently and noticed a big difference could see mullet cruising around off fenit pier. with all this sunshine it is easier on your eyes as well.

Advertisement