Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What a bad experience with ordering Eircom Fiber!

Options
  • 17-07-2013 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Short preambola:

One day Eircom sales guy knocks on my door offering Eircom Broadband - all looks good.
    Next day I order it online, cancel my UPC subscription thinking in the back of my mind that their service wasnt always available or had issues.

So ordered online, next thing in couple of days a guys calls me and ask all the usual contract stuff following by the question of my nationality???!!!! Ok, looks like germans are not on bad books with Eircom and I'm "approved". On the question what has nationality to do with all this he replies that its a policy to ask and he just reads the Q from the list. Ok never mind.

1) Next thing - I'm given an appointment. A day before I contact Eircom Online help and promised to get a call back. Never happened. So got never installed anything...

2) A week after I call again to learn from a very rude Hotline person (hey, you already have phone line, bla bla bla, oh you need fiber? you call the wrong place (WTF? 1901, right?!)! Ok after couple of people I'm forwarded to another person who says - hey your order is cancelled (?!), but we promise to call you back in 24H, Guess what? Right, noone called back.

3) After a week after 2nd call I call Eircom again. Again im first aproached on phone line,then eventually forwarded to Fiber people. Bla Bla Bla.. We see you order canceled (who did so? dont know), but we will 100% call you back within 24-48hours. Now you can guess if they called me or not? Damn you knew it! They never did.

Now, I have 1 day to come back to UPC and ask not to cancel the internet and stay with them.

Would you go for Eircom after this experience???
    If they are overloaded, why the heck do they still advertise and take orders? To P* people off? And the next question is - if the is PRE SALE - what does their support actually look like when there is an issue?

"Yeah right, here is my name, and 100% we will call you back..."....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Tirtytree wrote: »
    Short preambola:

One day Eircom sales guy knocks on my door offering Eircom Broadband - all looks good.
    Next day I order it online, cancel my UPC subscription thinking in the back of my mind that their service wasnt always available or had issues.

So ordered online, next thing in couple of days a guys calls me and ask all the usual contract stuff following by the question of my nationality???!!!! Ok, looks like germans are not on bad books with Eircom and I'm "approved". On the question what has nationality to do with all this he replies that its a policy to ask and he just reads the Q from the list. Ok never mind.

1) Next thing - I'm given an appointment. A day before I contact Eircom Online help and promised to get a call back. Never happened. So got never installed anything...

2) A week after I call again to learn from a very rude Hotline person (hey, you already have phone line, bla bla bla, oh you need fiber? you call the wrong place (WTF? 1901, right?!)! Ok after couple of people I'm forwarded to another person who says - hey your order is cancelled (?!), but we promise to call you back in 24H, Guess what? Right, noone called back.

3) After a week after 2nd call I call Eircom again. Again im first aproached on phone line,then eventually forwarded to Fiber people. Bla Bla Bla.. We see you order canceled (who did so? dont know), but we will 100% call you back within 24-48hours. Now you can guess if they called me or not? Damn you knew it! They never did.

Now, I have 1 day to come back to UPC and ask not to cancel the internet and stay with them.

Would you go for Eircom after this experience???
    If they are overloaded, why the heck do they still advertise and take orders? To P* people off? And the next question is - if the is PRE SALE - what does their support actually look like when there is an issue?

"Yeah right, here is my name, and 100% we will call you back..."....
    Hi Tirtytree

I'm sorry to hear of this negative experience and I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. Unfortunately we are unable to offer efibre support or order updates from here however I believe that calling accounts on 1901 may be contributing to the inconvenience experienced in ths case. Please contact the efibre team on 1800503303 for assistance wit this.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement