Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could you please identify this herb?

• 17-07-2013 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hi guys. I was given some different herbs recently and I know what most of them are but I am having trouble finding out what this purple flowering herb is. I googled it but to know avail.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,674 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Both the flower and the leaf appear to be some kind of brassica, but I'm not sure what herb that would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

some type of radish? have a look at the bottom of the stem. Taste the leaves and see if they are peppery. Some radish types are grown for the seed pods.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

Thanks guys. Could it be sage by any chance? If you look to the right of the purple flowering plant there appears to be another herb. They all came from the same pot. I was given them on the last day at Bloom in the park when they were packing up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

definitely not sage. google it and look at images.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

sage has hairy leaves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭tara m

On the right looks like a lettuce, and to the left, appears to be some basil... still thinking on the middle one!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

some type of radish? have a look at the bottom of the stem. Taste the leaves and see if they are peppery. Some radish types are grown for the seed pods.

Thanks. I think you may be right. Just did some more research on google of purple flower radish and the pictures appear to match. You're a star!

Advertisement