Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wilson Liquidation and contents auction ?

Options
  • 17-07-2013 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi,

I have some overstock that im looking at clearing to free up some cash. Does anyone know if this is a realistic option for me i am looking to sell mens clothing. Im sure the prices are very low and there are no reserve price so might be a big gamble if anyone has any experience i would appreciate it.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Have a look through the recent threads there have been 3 or 4 people in the last week or so looking for places to buy clearance clothing. You guys could cut out the middle man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ctbfashion

Thanks for reply i have gone back through the threads and i cant seem to find anything for clothing i could be blind though. i probably should have put clothing in my thread name.

It was the "I want to start a website" type threads I seem to remember. I know a few people have been asking about importing clothes China to sell. I had a quick look for the threads too I can't recall which ones they were though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ctbfashion

ok cool ill do a bit more digging and hopefully ill stumble across something. thanks

I assume you aren't allowed to post a thread saying you have clothes for sale! You could try list them on sister site adverts.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 ROB1988

last night i visited wilsons auctions 30/7/2013 i was heading out to purchase a car i seen on there website for a friend...car was lot number 82 i waited approx.two hours to bid on this 09 ford focus estate advertised with 122.000 km.we won our bid on the car at e5800 went to pay the bill came to e6200 anyway the best is still to come i went to collect the car today 31/7/2013 and the guy working there says to me "are you mad paying so much for that car with 330.000 kms :mad:"car had be cloked wilsons knew about this and fobbed me off by saying that it explained everything in the auction sheet correct me if I'm wrong but isn selling clocked cars illegal???anyway the guy in the reception a Twat From The North tried to tell me i was not getting my e500 deposit back stay well away guys pure scum over there chancres .........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

ROB1988 wrote: »
    last night i visited wilsons auctions 30/7/2013 i was heading out to purchase a car i seen on there website for a friend...car was lot number 82 i waited approx.two hours to bid on this 09 ford focus estate advertised with 122.000 km.we won our bid on the car at e5800 went to pay the bill came to e6200 anyway the best is still to come i went to collect the car today 31/7/2013 and the guy working there says to me "are you mad paying so much for that car with 330.000 kms :mad:"car had be cloked wilsons knew about this and fobbed me off by saying that it explained everything in the auction sheet correct me if I'm wrong but isn selling clocked cars illegal???anyway the guy in the reception a Twat From The North tried to tell me i was not getting my e500 deposit back stay well away guys pure scum over there chancres .........

Have you considered that you were being manoeuvred out of going through with the purchase ?

As for everything else, all auctions have fees, you could have done a full cartell check in the car beforehand. The fact that the person was from the North has what bearing on anything ?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭oregano

ROB1988 wrote: »

So a staff member wonders why you bid mad money on a car and becomes scum?

Stating on the sheet that the clocks had been changed is not illegal, who told you that it is illegal?

I probably agree about Northerners though. And Blacks. And Gays. And Dubs. And Southerners. And whites. Etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

An expensive lesson about doing your your homework properly, but with that attitude you will get little sympathy here.

Advertisement