Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Applying for job: copy of cert, degree etc

• 17-07-2013 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi all,

When applying for a job and you're asked to provide a copy of your certs, degree, diploma, do they mean the actual parchment that you receive on the day of your graduation or a print out of your exams/subjects and the grade you received?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I just give a copy of the parchment. They'll request results later on if you are successful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I thi k it's a joke they are still asking for all that given its the Job of the teaching council to give you a number based on your qualifications

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭saythatagain

I thi k it's a joke they are still asking for all that given its the Job of the teaching council to give you a number based on your qualifications

I know, ridiculous! Welcome to Ireland :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teach88

I just send my Academic Transcript, i.e. lists of modules taken during degree and results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

teach88 wrote: »
    I just send my Academic Transcript, i.e. lists of modules taken during degree and results.

I do the same. I think that's basically what they want. On my first day in a new job before, I brought my parchments and the principal said "oh what did you bring those for, sure I know you're qualified" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I took mine to my last job but they were only interested in my Garda vetting !

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭saythatagain

sitstill wrote: »
    I do the same. I think that's basically what they want. On my first day in a new job before, I brought my parchments and the principal said "oh what did you bring those for, sure I know you're qualified" :rolleyes:

I thought it meant this aswell until I saw some of the above responses. Surely they want to see what type of modules you did and what grades you got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

In fairness, I imagine some principals would want to see the stuff the TC don't acknowledge so transcripts make sense. They might need a filler subject or two for you in the future and they'll find out if you were dossing around a bit more in college than your cv let on. I don't understand why they'd ever need to see the parchments though.

Advertisement