Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

waxing - hair growth

• 17-07-2013 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

I have been waxing for years and don't use a razor in between. I find that I only get about a week before little hairs start to grow and as I have dark hairs you can see them - is there anything I should be doing to prevent this :) thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I've only been waxing for a few months now, I get it done once a month. I find I have find hairs growing back after about a week and it starts to get noticeable by week 2. My hair is probably long enough to get rewaxed after 3 weeks but I leave it till 4 weeks anyway.

I have noticed the hairs getting softer and softer with every wax, I assume that'll eventually plateau off but it means the regrowth is less and less noticeable.

I don't think there is anything to be done about it, some peoples hair just grows faster than others. You could try some of those hair minimising body lotions that are floating around but from what I've heard they are pretty much ineffective.

The only real options are moving to something a little more permanent like laser hair removal. Since your hair is dark it should work pretty well as long as your skin isn't dark too.

Advertisement