Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why was Garth Brooks so popular in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Knob Longman

Travellers love Garth Brooks too, Wouldn't be uncommon to hear his songs playing nearby..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

lazygal wrote: »
    Start on those unanswered prayers, folks.

http://www.goldenplec.com/garth-brooks-to-tour-world-in-2014/

Ah not on Bernadette's wedding date, for the love of all that holy!

(read comments section)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

MadsL wrote: »

(read comments section)

Well obviously Bernadette's wedding comes first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Travellers love Garth Brooks too, Wouldn't be uncommon to hear his songs playing nearby..

And Phil Collins

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

MadsL wrote: »

(read comments section)

That’s good news for Irish audience’s may be he’ll come to Cusack Park if one Direction are on about it who knows (comments section)

Theres a Cusack park in Ennis and one in Mullingar....Yes Kathleen, Garth Brooks will perform in one of those places :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Focus_sligo

Start on those unanswered prayers, folks.

http://www.goldenplec.com/garth-brooks-to-tour-world-in-2014/

Unless the news is announced by the man himself that he has the deal done to play Ireland I don't want to get my hopes up only for them to be destroyed

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

He played Croke Park loads of time, sold shedloads of records and seemed to be here all the time. What was it about him that Irish people like, and would a comeback tour sell out? I think he's playing Vegas now.

He liked to beat his wife, back then everyone was beating their wives. It was just common ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Garth Brooks is coming back with a world tour in 2014. There's still no word on a concert date/dates for Ireland but he is coming back. My guess is that something will be announced in a few weeks with tickets going on sale before xmas. Just putting word out there for fans. Right before xmas can be hard time financially for many people so start saving if you're interested. Can't wait for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

vicwatson wrote: »
    Past tense, and that's where it should stay
    Yes PLEASE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

I was listening to his cds this weekend and he's growing on me big again. That Girl Is A Cowboy is a brillant song. It's lovely.

Seeing him in concert would be cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Should this thread be moved to the GAA forum.... answer lies there.

I was listening to his cds this weekend and he's growing on me big again. That Girl Is A Cowboy is a brillant song. It's lovely.

Seeing him in concert would be cool.

I signed up for updates and got an email last week saying “The sevens have aligned. It has begun…Thank you for believing…love, g.”

• Registered Users Posts: 12,998 ✭✭✭✭bnt

And Phil Collins
    Oi! Not a fair comparison, since Phil is a real musician who put in years of solid work before becoming famous, despite not being camera-friendly.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

An all too rare collective expression of fantastic taste from Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

bnt wrote: »
    Oi! Not a fair comparison, since Phil is a real musician who put in years of solid work before becoming famous, despite not being camera-friendly.

His daughter is camera friendly. Very camera friendly...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

His daughter is camera friendly. Very camera friendly...

Evidence please.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,998 ✭✭✭✭bnt

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

dont think this is going to happen in 2014.

Would def buy a ticket if it does come happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Its Official

He's coming back

2014 will be the best year ever

He's been retired for years to raise his kids but he's coming out of retirement and doing a world tour in 2014.

He announced it this morning.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/garth-brooks-interview-2013-blame-roots-box-set-21146890?tab=9482931&section=1206836&playlist=2898870

My post above deserves a thread of its own.

• Advertisement

YIPPEEEEE

Ok, im a very big fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

You know when I was younger I thought that his music was ok, not overly painful but you'd let the folks off for listening to it. Heard "Friends in low places" recently and by god has it aged.
    It's ****e.

buck65 wrote: »
    You know when I was younger I thought that his music was ok, not overly painful but you'd let the folks off for listening to it. Heard "Friends in low places" recently and by god has it aged.
    It's ****e.

If I could hit you, I would.

If I could hit you, I would.

Don't let him ruin our happiness :D

Brilliant news! Can't wait.

I'm over the moon with the news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Vital goals in Spurs 1981 cup run? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Focus_sligo

Here's hoping it's not announce for October next year as if he does then my wedding may have to be *ahem delayed

Here's hoping it's not announce for October next year as if he does then my wedding may have to be *ahem delayed

I like your priorities ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Everyone i know, and i mean everyone, says they are going to be going to this. Jaysus, i hope there are about 10 dates announced.

• Advertisement

SeaFields wrote: »
    Everyone i know, and i mean everyone, says they are going to be going to this. Jaysus, i hope there are about 10 dates announced.

I just want a ticket to all venues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement