Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgraceful customer service from eMobile

Options
  • 17-07-2013 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

A few months ago, my father passed away. There was a €44 refund due to his account, which when closing we had requested, and we were told we would have it in 5 working days. Here is where the trouble starts.
    • eMobile had tried to transfer the money into my father's account, which they couldn't have. They said they have no record of this.

• We've submitted multiple copies of the death certificate.

• We've been told credit departments exist, and then don't exist. The same with finance departments.

• We've been promised the refund would be put through to my mother's account, which we are still waiting on.

• My mother has had abuse off an emobile employee, stating and I quote "We don't want to deal with customers like you".

I've had to represent my mother now with eMobile as frankly they've made her too upset to deal with the company any more. 
    • 11 days ago I called up and re-told everything in order to a rep. He said then that the refund would be applied within 5 working days, and susprise, it hasnt'.

• Last night I called up, and the same thing was said. I was informed that the credit was still on the account and nothing was done. You can sense my frustration. 
    • Last night I called up, and the same thing was said. I was informed that the credit was still on the account and nothing was done. You can sense my frustration. 

• I requested a call from credit control as this is the part of eMobile that should be handling it but again they haven't called me about this matter.

Frankly, I'm disgusted. The time its taken, the blatant lies, the manner of some eMobile reps and still, nearly 4 months on the refund still hasn't been sent. No rep will put me onto a supervisor, no rep can help it seems.

I've taken to online channels to voice this as its truly awful, I can't get anywhere with eMobile. I'm a great believer in boards.ie as a way to solve things, I've had issues solved with other companies quite easily and quite quickly through it. I hope an eMobile rep can help before I go to Comreg as there really isn't any more patience that I can give, any belief I can put in something an eMobile customer care rep I call says..

I can speak on behalf of my family (who are all eMobile customers), that we will be leaving our eMobile contracts as soon as possible. I currently cannot have faith in this company to fix things when they go wrong. 

I hope one of you can help me.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

dmcg90 wrote: »
    A few months ago, my father passed away. There was a €44 refund due to his account, which when closing we had requested, and we were told we would have it in 5 working days. Here is where the trouble starts.

eMobile had tried to transfer the money into my father's account, which they couldn't have. They said they have no record of this.

We've submitted multiple copies of the death certificate.

We've been told credit departments exist, and then don't exist. The same with finance departments.

We've been promised the refund would be put through to my mother's account, which we are still waiting on.

My mother has had abuse off an emobile employee, stating and I quote "We don't want to deal with customers like you".

I've had to represent my mother now with eMobile as frankly they've made her too upset to deal with the company any more. 

11 days ago I called up and re-told everything in order to a rep. He said then that the refund would be applied within 5 working days, and susprise, it hasnt'.

Last night I called up, and the same thing was said. I was informed that the credit was still on the account and nothing was done. You can sense my frustration. 

Last night I called up, and the same thing was said. I was informed that the credit was still on the account and nothing was done. You can sense my frustration. 

I requested a call from credit control as this is the part of eMobile that should be handling it but again they haven't called me about this matter.

Frankly, I'm disgusted. The time its taken, the blatant lies, the manner of some eMobile reps and still, nearly 4 months on the refund still hasn't been sent. No rep will put me onto a supervisor, no rep can help it seems.

I've taken to online channels to voice this as its truly awful, I can't get anywhere with eMobile. I'm a great believer in boards.ie as a way to solve things, I've had issues solved with other companies quite easily and quite quickly through it. I hope an eMobile rep can help before I go to Comreg as there really isn't any more patience that I can give, any belief I can put in something an eMobile customer care rep I call says..

I can speak on behalf of my family (who are all eMobile customers), that we will be leaving our eMobile contracts as soon as possible. I currently cannot have faith in this company to fix things when they go wrong. 

I hope one of you can help me.
    Hi dmcg90,

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Also I sincerely apologise that you and your mother have been waiting this long to receive the refund.

Could you PM me the account details for your father's account(account number mobile number name and address_.

As soon as I receive this information I will investigate what the delay is and I will personally organise for the credit to be returned to your mothers account.

Gráinne

Advertisement