Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avant Card - Worse Customer Service Ever!

Options
  • 17-07-2013 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Avant Card - Disgusting service levels.

I have a serious complaint to make against this shower however I can't get a manager to call me back. Their policy is for a Manager to call you within two days of asking & I have called 9 times over the past three weeks and no call back to me. It is without doubt the worse service I have ever received from any type of company. I am trying to find out the name of their Chief Executive to make a complaint to but it would be easier to guess tonight's winning lotto numbers, this person's identity is guarded very closely.

Anyone got any similar stories on this lot? Disgraceful attitude, ignorance and incompetence in abundance!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Write to them by detailing your complaint and call it a 'formal complaint'.

Give them 10 days to reply and ask for a final reply, if your still not happy, proceed to the financial regulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 28,151 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Got onto the financial regulator yesterday, got a call from avant today and everything sorted.
    If your having no look I'd try the regulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Generally prett shocking stuff alright. A couple of weeks ago i called to request a credit limit decrease as i paid a few hundred off. I did this a few times with MBNA and the limit change always went thru straight away...2 weeks later and still no decrease so i gave up and took the money out and paid off another bill instead. I had called three times and cudnt be bothered calling again. useless...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ezequiel 2517

Useless is indeed one way to describe. Incompetent and ignorant are others. It's unbelievable stuff, I've over 80 minutes of calls made just to request a call back, none yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭picturehangup

I sent a direct debit mandate back to them over two months ago, and they hadn't collected the minimum payment last month, resulting in a late fee plus interest. I got them to relent on the late fee, as it was their fault, but they would not budge on the interest. They are a total disgrace. They are screwing the nation left right and center. Awful shower. I reckon this is all a ploy to get people so pi....d off that they will pay up in full.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

What a contrast with MBNA. I'm glad I was able to settle my account before this Spanish shower took over. No wonder the Spanish economy is in the doldrums with amateurs like these around.

Dreadful dreadful shower, worse service experience ever by a mile...and then some. Managers point blank refuse to call you back, even though the Customer Service staff promise to get you a call. Then today I receive FOUR of the same letter telling me ZERO euros were paid as a payment for Government Duty last year! An automated print out I'm sure, but just shows you nobody checked it as they they couldn't give flying f***! And then to waste money posting four letters of the same thing! Unbelievable level of incompetence!

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭picturehangup

That's unreal but believable , ezequiel 2517. I got the same letter three times-2 one day-1 the next day- to tell me they were not going to charge me the late fee! Total incompetence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

got a call from their security team today after they saw a suspicious payment.
    everything was fine but appreciated the call.

• Advertisement

They can't everything wrong I suppose but not surprising they have to look after themselves where their money and insurance is concerned. :(

Advertisement