Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courses and Nerves

• 17-07-2013 4:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43

Is anybody getting nervous now? I hadn't thought too much about the results since the exams but now its getting close and I'm really nervous. Are people nervous about moving away, making friends and liking the course too?
    It sounds stupid but I feel like I'm the only one gone from excitement to a state of panic! I really want either dietetics or science in TCD or genetics in DCU. I am not really a party person so much so I am nervous I wont fit in. Any advice and help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Well I don't have any feelings towards next year now, just nothingness inside me :pac: Well, it doesn't feel like I'm going to college next year at all. I do wonder what it'll be like, although I do think it'll just be like school again, except with better extra-curricular stuff. There'll still be modules I don't like and the dread of exams.

There's only a small handful of people in my area going to UCD and to be honest I'm pretty apprehensive because of that fact. It'll just be loads of different people that I've never met before, and sort of a new beginning in a way. I'm kind of eager to be moving away from home for a while too as it's something completely different to the norm. However I'd say I'll be dying to be back home after a few months of it! :pac:

As for yourself, you will be absolutely fine! It's not as if you're the only person not up for partying in the whole country, and you're not in a small minority either. There'll be tonnes of people similar to yourself in university - almost a cliched saying in itself, but it's true, at least according to people I've talked to! :P

With regards the results, what's done is done, and I hate to tell you you'll get really nervous come the morning of the results, your nerves now are probably nothing in comparison to it, yet that goes for every other person waiting for results too :pac:

Now I'm going to be worrying about the day of the results for the rest of the evening thanks to you! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Is anybody getting nervous now? I hadn't thought too much about the results since the exams but now its getting close and I'm really nervous. Are people nervous about moving away, making friends and liking the course too?
    It sounds stupid but I feel like I'm the only one gone from excitement to a state of panic! I really want either dietetics or science in TCD or genetics in DCU. I am not really a party person so much so I am nervous I wont fit in. Any advice and help?

Don't worry! i know that probably seems impossible but so many people will be feeling the exact same as you right now , its not stupid at all.
    Theres still almost a month left , at the moment there is nothing you can do to change anything so wait until august 14th to panic , you can think clearly about moving forward when you have the results in your hands :) enjoy your summer

Advertisement