Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I will be retiring in September 2013, am currently residing in UK, need an Irish bank

Options
  • 17-07-2013 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I need an Irish bank account int which my civil service pension will be paid forthnightly

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Br826eh,

Thanks for posting and considering Bank of Ireland for your banking needs.

Bank of Ireland account types can found on our UK website here

We also offer accounts in the UK through The Post Office.
    Details can be found here

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Br826eh

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I have been advised that my pension will be paid by PAYPATH, fortnightly into a bank account in the Republic of Ireland only. Do I need to be resident in Ireland to open an account there? I was hoping to open an account in either Lr O'Connell St or College Green branch in Dublin.

Hi, 

It may be possible to open a non-resident account. 
    You would need to call and speak with an adviser in one of our branches. 
    A full list of ROI branch contact numbers can be found here here 

Thanks

Billy

Thank you for your help. I have just spoken by phone to a very helpful lady at the O'Connell Street branch in Dublin. She has the matter in hand and is sorting things out for me.
    Thanks again.

Hi, 

Glad to hear things are in hand.

I will make sure your compliment is passed on to O'Connell St. branch.
    Would you mind editing your last post to remove the staff members name?

Thanks

Billy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭Tow

Br826eh wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I have been advised that my pension will be paid by PAYPATH, fortnightly into a bank account in the Republic of Ireland only. Do I need to be resident in Ireland to open an account there? I was hoping to open an account in either Lr O'Connell St or College Green branch in Dublin.
    Hi Br826eh,

The old PayPath system will be turned of on the 1st of February 2014.  After which Ireland will no longer use the old sortcodes and account numbers, but the SEPA system with BICs and IBANS.  Once your pension company changes over to SEPA you can give them the BIC and IBAN to your UK account, the fact that it is in the UK will make no difference.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Hi Tow, 
    thanks for the info.

Advertisement