Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homepage Redesign v3

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

seligehgit wrote: »
    In the past pre the new home page design if I was on a particular thread and brought down the boards.ie drop down menu and selected my threads,my threads were brought up on the home page,now it brings up the latest posts??

Works fine here for me, sounds like a bug. Would you mind starting a thread over in Site Development with some details and we'll take a look into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Very minor thing but I've noticed there is a dead link if you click on the bolded "Boards.ie" header text you get in the menu that appears when you hover over
    "Boards.ie" in the blue bar that's the top of every page.

See attached screenshot.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

^^ Dunno if this was fixed by the lads, but that link works for me (dark theme).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Dades wrote: »
    ^^ Dunno if this was fixed by the lads, but that link works for me (dark theme).

Yep, all good for me now too :) (standard theme over here)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Could you expand on the above please?

The old front page has a tab for filtering the most recent 30 (?) posts in a given thematic sub-group - Arts, Soc, Rec and so on. It was stated by someone in the Admins that this was on the way.

• Advertisement

B0jangles wrote: »
    Very minor thing but I've noticed there is a dead link if you click on the bolded "Boards.ie" header text you get in the menu that appears when you hover over
    "Boards.ie" in the blue bar that's the top of every page.

See attached screenshot.
    Dades wrote: »
    B0jangles wrote: »
    Yep, all good for me now too :) (standard theme over here)

We got a fix in around 20 minutes ago, thanks for the reports.

mike65 wrote: »
    The old front page has a tab for filtering the most recent 30 (?) posts in a given thematic sub-group - Arts, Soc, Rec and so on. It was stated by someone in the Admins that this was on the way.

There is a filter on each of the tabs (including latest posts) that will allow you to filter the relative content as described above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:o

thanks (dunno what was wrong with the old tab design though)

Actually there is one thing you should do - bring back the Virgin filter - easy to spot spammers with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

I've hated every re-jig you've done in my relatively short time on boards (because I hate change:o). However this time "By George I think you've got it."

I've stopped 'stalking' profiles when trying to find the next addition to a thread, and I'm completely comfortable with the new layout.

So..................... when's it changing again? :mad::o:mad::o

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

quick possible improvement guys...

could a 'pgN' (where N is page number) fragment be added to the url? find myself going onto page 2, clicking into a thread and then hitting browser back button, which then brings me back to the first page of results.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

I'm afraid it would not lead to the behaviour you're expecting - when you trigger the back button the request for fresh threads takes place (without it there's no content on the page at all). So if you're on page 2 of Latest Posts, click a thread and click the back button if we dumped you on page 2 you'd see different content to what you were looking after before leaving the page. In that regard it was decided page numbers aren't maintained in the fragment.

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

true wouldn't be desirable on latest posts at all, how about my forums/my posts, where the result set wouldn't change enough to lose context?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

Can anything be done to that cookies message bar so that it doesn't cover the whole navigation system when entering the site? You have to do a reload to remove it before you can go anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

redt0m wrote: »
    Can anything be done to that cookies message bar so that it doesn't cover the whole navigation system when entering the site? You have to do a reload to remove it before you can go anywhere.

Second that,very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Apologise for bumping up an old thread.

Could anybody tell me why when I go to the boards homepage on IE 10, I can't see the trending threads or latest posts. It's completely blank apart from the Announcements & Get The Answers section on the right hand side of the page.
    It's fine when I go in via Mozilla Firefox but I don't want to use Firefox.
    I thought it had something to do with the compatibility view settings & changed them around a bit but it's still the same.

PWEI wrote: »
    Apologise for bumping up an old thread.

Could anybody tell me why when I go to the boards homepage on IE 10, I can't see the trending threads or latest posts. It's completely blank apart from the Announcements & Get The Answers section on the right hand side of the page.
    It's fine when I go in via Mozilla Firefox but I don't want to use Firefox.
    I thought it had something to do with the compatibility view settings & changed them around a bit but it's still the same.

If you start up a thread over on Site Dev we'll get some details and take a look into this for you, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

If you start up a thread over on Site Dev we'll get some details and take a look into this for you, cheers.

Will do, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A couple of great updates this morning (thanks to the devs):

1. The new beta skin now has a "Mark all forums as read" option on your user menu (top right of screen, hover over your user name).

2. The touch site now has a "Mark all as read" option on http://touch.boards.ie/browse (scroll down to the Browse Forums heading underneath your Followed forums).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Mr E wrote: »

2. The touch site now has a "Mark all as read" option on http://touch.boards.ie/browse (scroll down to the Browse Forums heading underneath your Followed forums).

Brilliant!
    Fair play lads.

Advertisement