Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Haha looks similar to our wedding cake from last year

1236794_10201350960753680_1787405052_n_zpssnrlgn0_edit_1394220634195_zps9dn9bk5h.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Wow awesome cakes !

Here's a woody iphone docker thingy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

eddhorse wrote: »
    Wow awesome cakes !

Here's a woody iphone docker thingy.
    Why is mobile gaming retroactively ruining the things we love?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just heading to kill the second last boss on Dark Souls when I saved and turned off my 360

3 hours later turned it on and flashing red light on the 3rd light on the console :(

Just heading to kill the second last boss on Dark Souls when I saved and turned off my 360

3 hours later turned it on and flashing red light on the 3rd light on the console :(

If it was some other game it would "easy come , easy go" but for Dark Souls that is nasty !!!

YOU DIED

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That game is pure evil, handy those cloud based saves though, at least you can do access them back to a replacement console, to your profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/sailor-moon-super-nintendo-pal-cart-only-super-rare/3770672

adverts at its finest, so many lowlifes on there

Convinced he hasn't got a clue about snes games either, seen him trying to buy madden 97 and ryan giggs soccer for 20e earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Doge

Monkeykube wrote: »
    I was talking to Myrddin earlier and was telling him about a cake that the wife of one of the lads in work made for my sons birthday. I was actually collecting a Gamecube from him at the time and just didn't call him to talk about cakes;) I just told her he loves Mario and she came up with this.

cake_zps2162be3d.jpg
    Los Lobos wrote: »
    Haha looks similar to our wedding cake from last year

1236794_10201350960753680_1787405052_n_zpssnrlgn0_edit_1394220634195_zps9dn9bk5h.jpg

Those cakes are awesome! I absolutely love the detail.

We should chip in to buy a smaller cake for the beers.

Every occasion deserves cake!

internet-memes-sweet-baker-have-mercy.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Right, I found a shop with a copy of Senran Kagura Burst in stock, but is it worth buying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Right, I found a shop with a copy of Senran Kagura Burst in stock, but is it worth buying?

Considering I was greeted with this in the opening scenes of the game. Yes.

820262F5-7605-4AD9-958E-EE5FE8C59567_zpsgve3yich.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Enjoying Stick of Truth a lot today. Don't understand all the negative reviews. The gameplay is on par with Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga.

For the most part the humour relies too much on referencing jokes that were already made in the TV series, but there are some great jokes about video games in general though, loved the bit where you're going around collecting pointless audio logs.

Re the filthy game for the 3ds,
    I see a particularly in incensed blog on the Official Nintendo Magazine site imploring, for the sake of women, for no one to buy the game, look at youtube clips of it, read reviews of it and so on.
    Unfortunate then that the site contains both videos and reviews of the game...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,759 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

This review of the game is pretty definitive in its conclusion: http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/07/senran-kagura-burst-review-booby-prize-4433635/

Cidey, you can probably knock a point or two off the score since its a scrolling beat em up!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

This review of the game is pretty definitive in its conclusion: http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/07/senran-kagura-burst-review-booby-prize-4433635/

Cidey, you can probably knock a point or two off the score since its a scrolling beat em up!

Oh I'd say he's already knocked one or two off because of it...

ooh-matron.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Oh I'd say he's already knocked one or two off because of it...

ooh-matron.gif

How da hell do I double like a post :D

• Advertisement

The difference between Players and Gamers..

c923fc43db75c1146828a09ca40deab5.600x

Hmm, might save my money for something more highbrow, like Gal*gun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Demons & Dark Souls...is there any format that is better to pick these up on...360 or PS3?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,759 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Demons' Souls is only on PS3, and that's the only real reason I stuck with that console for Dark Souls (and the sequel). Don't think there's any major difference between the versions, although obviously you'll need XBL Gold for the pretty much vital online interactions - you won't know when to praise the sun otherwise!

I find the PS3 controller much better than the 360 controller for Dark Souls. Those shoulder buttons are just too awkward to get to on the 360.

Using DSfix on the PC makes Dark Souls look a lot better though, usually goes pretty cheap in the sales on Steam too. It's biggest problem is that is uses Games for Windows Live for online play, which in addition to being terrible is also being phased out soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,900 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

PC version of Dark Souls is the best. Otherwise the PS3 is the definitive console version, it's slightly better on that machine and has free online.

I think Demon Souls is still free on PS+ If that's any use to you. Could only get by level 1-1. Hard graft.

I think Demon Souls is still free on PS+ If that's any use to you. Could only get by level 1-1. Hard graft.

Nah not for me it's not, I think when I joined this game had left the IGC. Would rather pick them up physically anyway, play them properly, & see what all the fuss is about :o

C64 printed book : http://youtu.be/DhX4_nUFUD0

More info here : http://tinyurl.com/o6bqlv5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Not really sure where to put this so I'm putting it here. Just a small update to my channel to let you know what I've been up to:

Excellent! Will most likely sign up for that. :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,900 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Myrddin wrote: »
    Nah not for me it's not, I think when I joined this game had left the IGC. Would rather pick them up physically anyway, play them properly, & see what all the fuss is about :o

Hold on a minute, why the hell haven't you played Demons Souls and Dark Souls yet :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,273 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hold on a minute, why the hell haven't you played Demons Souls and Dark Souls yet :O

I can forgive Demon's Souls as it wasn't cross platform (and because I haven't played it either :eek:) but nobody should be missing out on Dark Souls at this stage. Best game of the generation IMO.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

If I told you some of the games I have still yet to play, I'd likely be site banned :o

2nd link is broken, fixed link here:

http://gamesyouloved.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/commodore-64-visual-commpendium.html

Edit: it was just missing the l in html.

Looks promising.

• Advertisement

Myrddin wrote: »
    If I told you some of the games I have still yet to play, I'd likely be site banned :o

That might make an interesting thread, The Hall of Shame. Not just about you though, everyone I mean. :pac:

Even though Dark Souls is the better game, I got more from Demon's Souls - there was nothing like it at the time. I'll never forget accidently attacking an NPC, thankfully it was close to the end of the game so didn't hamper me too much. God that game would break your heart sometimes though.

There ya go!
    Popped it up there, we'll see how it goes!

Pretty nice 30th Anniversary Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy text adventure free on the BBC website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1g84m0sXpnNCv84GpN2PLZG/the-hitchhiker-s-guide-to-the-galaxy-game-30th-anniversary-edition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Played through the first Onimusha game last night... What an awful ending.

DinoRex wrote: »
    Pretty nice 30th Anniversary Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy text adventure free on the BBC website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1g84m0sXpnNCv84GpN2PLZG/the-hitchhiker-s-guide-to-the-galaxy-game-30th-anniversary-edition

The books and radio serial were my rock and roll as a teenager, probably explains a lot really :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

deathrider wrote: »
    Played through the first Onimusha game last night... What an awful ending.

Played that on the original Xbox, I can't remember what happened at the end.

Frog Fractions 2 might be the most important kickstarter yet: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/475057068/frog-fractions-2

Love the stretch goals.

Frog Fractions 2 might be the most important kickstarter yet: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/475057068/frog-fractions-2

Love the stretch goals.

I just don't know what to say....

I just don't know what to say....

No need for words. Your awed silence says more than mere sentences ever could.

• Advertisement

A beard preserved for all time, I don't know if the world is ready

Master of the Universe

Is Dark Souls II out this Friday????

Holy ****, I've been looking forward to it so much that the release date seemed years into the future. Can't believe it's actually almost upon us.

Better dig the 360 out of storage, I hope it still works :eek:

It's out today in the US.... :(

Master of the Universe

Time to look up transatlantic flights?

"You spent one grand on flights just to play a video game 48 hours early?"

"A video game? I think you mean the video game"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Played that on the original Xbox, I can't remember what happened at the end.

Nothing happened, that's the problem. There wasn't even a boss battle with the bad guy that they'd spent the while game bigging up.

• Advertisement

I must do some trading in of sh1te and preorder DS2 as soon as possible, can't wait to die a whole bunch of times, again...

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I must do some trading in of sh1te and preorder DS2 as soon as possible, can't wait to die a whole bunch of times, again...

Finish the first one yet?

He's waiting for me to visit again so I can beat it for him and claim the victory as his own :P

I believe he was left with The Depths and Blight Town to do next... a mere doddle.

But he's decided to go to the New Londo ruins instead, a high level area with one of the hardest bosses in the game... Good luck with that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement