Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Doge

First it invaded the Vectrex and now its on my beloved c64:

There is just no getting away from it!

*MUST NOT FLAP!*

The developers site is worth checking out too:

http://games.sos.gd

Lots of wonderful and whacky Retro goodness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Anyone here ever pick up the PAL version of King of Fighters: Orochi Saga on the Wii? Is there some mythical online outlet that doesn't charge 50e for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Twitch is playing Mother 3!
    http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Happy St. Patricks day I suppose!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I shall wear shamrock as I die for the nth time in Dark Souls 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I shall wear shamrock as I die for the nth time in Dark Souls 2!

Only 9th?

I chose Sorcerer, used to a shield :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Started as a deprived... It was hard beating up the undead with a broken dagger for hours :(
    I have quite the awesome mace now though :cool:

I'll be partying like its 2008 by going to see All time low tonight and one of the bands that shaped my teenage years, fall out boy, tomorrow night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Which model of PSP is generally considered the best of the bunch?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think you'll be looking for the 3rd gen PSP, Slim'n Light, similar to the 2nd gen but with a better screen and battery.
    Lovely console.
    Better than the Go as at least you have the option of playing UMDs and mem card installed apps.

I think you'll be looking for the 3rd gen PSP, Slim'n Light, similar to the 2nd gen but with a better screen and battery.
    Lovely console.
    Better than the Go as at least you have the option of playing UMDs and mem card installed apps.

I dont have the PSP-3000, but have read online that the screen is very nice but has some problems(less ghosting, but introduced another problem).

10-21-08-psp-screen-comaro_540x206.jpg
    http://news.cnet.com/sony-responds-to-psp-3000-screen-issues/

I've got the 1000 and but want to grab the "best" model now while I can still pick them up new and boxed etc.

Also, whats the deal with the really cheap PSP 3000 on Amazon? It's only 69.99 sterling new but it seems to lack wifi :confused:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PSP-Console-Charcoal-Black/dp/B005Q77H9O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395082178&sr=8-1&keywords=psp+3000

That's the psp "street" and the most current model. Released as a budget version similar to the wii mini so it lack wifi. Although afaik you can still connect to psn and all that if it's connected to a PC. Not sure what the reviews of screen quality etc are though tbh.

Looks like I'll need to do a bit of research so.

On a side note, tried the latest psp emulator on my pc earlier, wow, it's come a long way since I first tested it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,759 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

eddhorse wrote: »
    Only 9th?

I chose Sorcerer, used to a shield :(

I went pure sorcerer from the off this time, after basically realising in the last hours of the last game how much I loved the soul arrow / homing soulmass combo. It was tricky at first (didn't help that I haphazardly joined the Covenant of Champions, which made the game like twice as hard without me knowing) but flying along now. Sorcery FTW! I think I beat the first five or six bosses without even using a melee move :pac:

• Advertisement

So after a bit of research it seems the psp 2000 is the one to go for screen wise.
    Anyone have any thougts on why I should go for the 3000 instead?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,900 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Iga has left Konami to as he says make the games he wants to make. That's such a shame, Konami truly are a shadow of their former selves. Iga help program many of their old school shmup s and was the creative mind behind castlevania since symphony of the night.

I'll expect we'll hear from him doing and Inafuna a kick starting a castlevania spiritual successor. I'd rather Iga's castlevania than the god of war clone it turned into and that absolutely terrible 3ds game.

I have that God of War clone and have yet to turn it on, missing nothing I take it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,900 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have that God of War clone and have yet to turn it on, missing nothing I take it?

It's not bad, just not castlevania. Starts off absolutely appallingly as well with a dreadful swamp level bogging things down then picks up. The game is less button mashy than god of war but really it's button mashing and lots of dodging. Enemies have way too much health, it takes too long to get through them which upsets the pace a bit. That's my main problem, castlevania had a flow and a rhythm to it due to tight pacing so this feels nothing like the old games.

If you're all out of DMC and Platinum games then you could do far worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

So I actually had some time to play some games last night. I got to the very last castle in Super Mario 3D World and the last bunch of levels on Sonic: Lost World but I got hit with the usual crap that I just don't have time for these days in games anymore.

I still need another few red rings to unlock the new world in Sonic: Lost World and I need 30 more green start thingies in Mario.

I just can't be arsed re-doing a bunch of levels when I simply don't have the time!

Just let me play the game dammit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,273 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Was going to pick up Dark Souls II and make a start over the weekend, but then realized I hadn't finished GTA V. As that contravenes my 1 game at a time rule (!) I finished off the main storyline in GTA V over Sunday/Monday.

Really enjoyed it, but as usual with modern GTA games, towards the end it fell victim to cover and shoot/swarms of enemy scenarios. When games get to that point I just want them to hurry up and reach their conclusion. Which was a shame as many of the earlier missions were a lot more creative.

I'm only on 73% complete mind you, so plenty left to do. Whether I'll get around to it though is another thing.

Now, time to die, over and over and over again :)

Typical,
    Want to send a chassis to the UK today and parcel motel is not working.(the sending side anyway)
    on the + side its 15.50e to on posts 30e!

Any body need some arcade tubes?
    they are getting skipped this week.
    20" polo tube (maybe 2)
    13" poker monitor (working but noisy and spare chassis)

This game is not half dramatic! :p

waveform wrote: »
    This game is not half dramatic! :p

I remember playing that a fair bit in the arcades back in the day.

It was around the time of the first Crazy Taxi game too... I really wanted them to port it to Dreamcast but alas it was not to be.

I wonder if this would work on the bartop... :-)

Master of the Universe

The crowning glory in that game is the hilarious expression on the president's face throughout. Absolutely brilliant :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    The crowning glory in that game is the hilarious expression on the president's face throughout. Absolutely brilliant :D

OMG I'm dying here. Please drive carefully. :D

It should be the new troll face!

waveform wrote: »
    It should be the new troll face!

47355316.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,759 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Getting Spark Unlimited to develop anything is a recipe for disasater. How they are still going while better developers are closing shop is beyond me.

• Advertisement

Kieta Takahashi (Katamari / Noby Noby Boy) has a new tee again!
    http://venuspatrol.com/2014/03/keita-takahashi-venus-patrol-debut-legend-romantics-t-shirt/

will feature glow in the dark ink that’ll let the stars & ‘legendary objects’ shine through the evening.

romantics2014_finished_both.jpg

The original Shin Megami Tensei is on ipad and iPhone today. 6 euro. Never thought I'd see the game in English. Works really well with touch controls in landscape mode. Everybody buy this game and we might see smt2 and smt...if on the App Store!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

MrVestek wrote: »
    I remember playing that a fair bit in the arcades back in the day.

It was around the time of the first Crazy Taxi game too... I really wanted them to port it to Dreamcast but alas it was not to be.

I wonder if this would work on the bartop... :-)

Don't think this game emulates properly yet.

urbanledge wrote: »
    Typical,
    Want to send a chassis to the UK today and parcel motel is not working.(the sending side anyway)
    on the + side its 15.50e to on posts 30e!

Hmm. I'm about to send my AWSD chassis off too. 16.50 for me. Have paid for and printed parcel motel label. Actual parcel motel location better be working when I go to send!

:)

3dj4.jpg

Hmm. I'm about to send my AWSD chassis off too. 16.50 for me. Have paid for and printed parcel motel label. Actual parcel motel location better be working when I go to send!
    I'm posting some stuff tomorrow or Thursday, let me know how you get on if you're going tomorrow

I paid and printed my label,
    went down to it and the machine wouldnt take it.(edit,this was yesterday evening around 6)
    they said its fixed tho.
    I paid 15.50

so did they put it up a euro?

I paid and printed my label,
    went down to it and the machine wouldnt take it.(edit,this was yesterday evening around 6)
    they said its fixed tho.
    I paid 15.50

so did they put it up a euro?
    I paid 16.50 for the largest size box under 10kg

ah,
    mine was medium !

• Advertisement

I'm sure a few people here might get a few ideas from this novel form of online selling revenge: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/disgruntled-online-shopper-texts-entire-works-of-shakespeare-as-revenge-9201564.html

Master of the Universe

Anyone see this? Apparently it's in Stoneybatter

photo-4-3_zpsc6e16855.jpg

That looks very cool, it'd be nice to see videogame art used in its regular form rather than as a piece of satire but still, looks good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

That looks very cool, it'd be nice to see videogame art used in its regular form rather than as a piece of satire but still, looks good.

I've seen a few legit space invader pieces when I was in some city's around the continent. They are pretty cool

Just seen the rift dev kit 2 has been announced.
    wont be getting it myself Id say but looking forward to trying it!

Just seen the rift dev kit 2 has been announced.
    wont be getting it myself Id say but looking forward to trying it!

So, what's the difference between the two?
    And how does this compare to the recently announced Sony headset?

• Advertisement

Better screen and full head tracking.
    Not sure about the Sony one but I'm doing put my money on the rift!
    I'm not a Sony fan tho. Except the ps2!
    I bet it'll be silly money.

Here's a few pieces in Cork:

http://www.powerdownkids.com/2013/06/17/video-game-graffiti-cork-edition/

The Zelda graffiti is on the fence surrounding UCC so it might make a good place to take photos at Kaizo Con.

Sera wrote: »
    I'm posting some stuff tomorrow or Thursday, let me know how you get on if you're going tomorrow

Stoopid printer at home acting the horlicks. Have to wait until tomorrow before I can print label at work and then post. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

This game popped into my head today for some reason, remember it being difficult ! Sega Megadrive

Greendog: The Beached Surfer Dude!

http://youtu.be/Tb5kENqmveA

eddhorse wrote: »
    This game popped into my head today for some reason, remember it being difficult ! Sega Megadrive

Greendog: The Beached Surfer Dude!

http://youtu.be/Tb5kENqmveA

Donkey Kong Country eat your heart out! :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement