Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

waveform wrote: »
    Donkey Kong Country eat your heart out! :p

Maybe that why it popped into my head, I've the DK map screen music stuck in my head too !!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,900 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Christ Greendog. That game was absolute poison. So slow!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Christ Greendog. That game was absolute poison. So slow!

Yeah the frisbee was a nice touch but slooooooow jumping.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,900 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,759 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Wait until they get to that damn glass tunnel!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wait until they get to that damn glass tunnel!

You kinda need the big box manual for those sorts of hints alright.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,759 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Indeed - I first played SM on the virtual console and that bit left me bamboozled for a while!

Has anyone played the digital version of Metal Gear Solid? Do they work around that whole 'code on the back of the box' business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Sonic through the eyes of a Ninty fanboy

de1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Indeed - I first played SM on the virtual console and that bit left me bamboozled for a while!

Has anyone played the digital version of Metal Gear Solid? Do they work around that whole 'code on the back of the box' business?

Good question, wouldnt surprise me if you were told to google it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sonic through the eyes of a Ninty fanboy

de1.gif

I wonder if it'd be fun to post this in the Sega forum... Oh, sorry O1s1n... Maybe the Nintendo forum?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Dear glob in heaven,
    Is there any universe in the grand scheme of things that doesn't interpret that as disaster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That depends. If they kill off all the secondary characters other than Tails, and maybe Knuckles, it could be a good thing.

Oh, and rename Dr. "Eggman" back to Dr. Robotnik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

A Sonic film? Jaysus...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Myrddin wrote: »
    A Sonic film? Jaysus...

I'm trying to think if there was ever a good film made about a game? The only one I can think of was the Street Fighter anime one.

The first Resident Evil movie wasn't the worst.

Ace Attorney.

And that's it live action wise :pac:

(Takashi Miike's Yakuza film is meant to be good as well)
    The first Resident Evil movie wasn't the worst.

It was very, very close to being the worst - only outdone by the subsequent ones! I had to review the latest one, and it was genuinely worthless.

It was very, very close to being the worst - only outdone by the subsequent ones! I had to review the latest one, and it was genuinely worthless.

It was outdone by most other game-to-movie adaptations too!

Bob Hoskins Mario for example...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I think the Ace Attorney movie falls apart as its crux is the Edgeworth/Wright relationship that they didn't spend nearly enough time establishing.

• Advertisement

Ace Attorney.

And that's it live action wise :pac:

(Takashi Miike's Yakuza film is meant to be good as well)

Never been a fan of the Resi Evil films (nor games to be fair). I think I watched one of the more recent ones and turned it off early enough, something bs action sequence involving a tall building and a helicopter, no more. Almost as bad as Die Hard 5: A Good Day to Die Hard (even the title is facepalm material). I don't mind brainless action films but that was so over-top bullsh1t, utterly terrible. The only enjoyment I got from it was listening to a mate give out stink about it after ignoring my suggestion to leave it alone. :D

I'm guessing Alone in the Dark with Christian Slater wouldn't be in your Top 'I can't count that high' list?

It was outdone by most other game-to-movie adaptations too!

Bob Hoskins Mario for example...

True, but it's kind of just comparing turd with turd :pac:

(mandatory jpeg time)

383px-Bristol_stool_chart.svg.png

Which turd is the most polished turd?

True, but it's kind of asking what turd is the lesser turd :pac:

Uh oh, I can hear Cidey typing up a sizeable response with educational, but horrible, answers! :pac:

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I'm guessing Alone in the Dark with Christian Slater wouldn't be in your Top 'I can't count that high' list?

I actually watched it years ago out of morbid curiosity. It's most grievous problem is casting Tara Reid as a brilliant scientist - and in a film that is pretty much incompetent on every single level, that's the icing on the **** cake! It shares an honour with The Room of having perhaps the most cringey cinematic sex scene of them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Has anyone actually seen the new need for speed movie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Mortal Kombat movie ftw!

I'm trying to think if there was ever a good film made about a game? The only one I can think of was the Street Fighter anime one.

Mortal Kombat:loved it as a kid ,still fun to watch to this day

Street Fighter movie: there are too many memorable moments in it for it not to be a favourite of mine

Silent hill: Was not great was not bad , found it enjoyable to kill time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Doge

Doubt Cidey has seen it anyway, too much "CGI" apparently...
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's the nasty cgi cars that I think suck donkey balls in the trailer, same mistake the latter Transporter movies made, not to mention that glob awful Cruise/Diaz film a couple of years ago, same crap, cgi cars exploding all over the place, convincing no one.

:p

That some quote there!
    But it was the primary reason that I didn't see the film, judging by the trailers there was no way they were about to trash the hypercars seen there and, anyway, it was a game without a narrative, bar perhaps the 3do original, and what was the bloody point?
    If I want to see car chases I'll rewatch Ronin and The Blues Brothers thank you very much.

Uh oh, I can hear Cidey typing up a sizeable response with educational, but horrible, answers! :pac:

3 and 4 are the sign of a healthy bowel though the watery ones are far easier to rinse off a floor, wall or ceiling and people for that matter.
    Also doesn't stick to their teeth as much...

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
    Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion,
    Ball of sh1te coating a fella like false tan...

• Advertisement

That some quote there!
    But it was the primary reason that I didn't see the film, judging by the trailers there was no way they were about to trash the hypercars seen there and, anyway, it was a game without a narrative, bar perhaps the 3do original, and what was the bloody point?
    If I want to see car chases I'll rewatch Ronin and The Blues Brothers thank you very much.

Apparently the Need For Speed movie did all the stunts practically, without CGI from what I'd heard!

But nothing beats The Blues Brothers car chases...

K9o1VW4.gif

Even without a shred of cgi it's still a worthless bag of sick of a movie, apparently they forgot to write a script as they got a ten year old to do it on the day.
    Maybe...
    If the car work is good it might be worth skipping the dialogue on the BluRay and just seeing the chase scenes.
    Until that my heart will be in a Audi S8 chasing down Citroëns and Peugeots with Deniro and Reno...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Street Fighter movie: there are too many memorable moments in it for it not to be a favourite of mine

indeed

I really like the Dead or Alive film

006DOA_Eric_Roberts_005.jpg

Eric Roberts is in it!

Not to mention a boat load of women in bikinis....even fights in bikinis.....even fights in the rain in bikinis

That some quote there!
    Only came across the whole thread recently, my memory isn't THAT impressive! ;)
    Apparently the Need For Speed movie did all the stunts practically, without CGI from what I'd heard!

Yep, no CGI which is why I had to slag cidey!

Aaron Paul said that they wrecked $300,000 kit cars or look alikes! :eek:

Even though its cheaper, that's a serious amount of money to burn per car!

I think with these kind of films the racing scenes are all that matter, and the rest of the film isn't that important.

(Although in the case of Ronin, it is certainly nice when the story and the rest of the film is good too)

I mentioned it before but,
    Case in point is the original Gone in 60 Seconds (1974) - an independent film by H.B. Halicki with a measly budget of $100,000.

When you know the full background behind it's production, it is nothing short of an amazing accomplishment.

It has one of the most impressive and record breaking car chase scenes - 40 mins long.

And it is that car chase that makes the film so memorable.
    The acting will not be remembered as he got friends and family to act to save money and splash out on the car chase.

I hate the fact that is always overlooked in these Top Car Chase programmes on TV, most likely due to it being an independent film and not many people know about it.

But it is seriously worth watching and reading up about how it was made, understanding that will make you appreciate it so much more.

Lego C64

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Even without a shred of cgi it's still a worthless bag of sick of a movie, apparently they forgot to write a script as they got a ten year old to do it on the day.
    Maybe...
    If the car work is good it might be worth skipping the dialogue on the BluRay and just seeing the chase scenes.
    Until that my heart will be in a Audi S8 chasing down Citroëns and Peugeots with Deniro and Reno...

I saw it and it's actually not a bad movie.
    Obviously the story was not going to be its strongest point and all it needs to do is link together stunt scenes which it does fairly well. The big attraction with this movie are the cars and the stunts and they are a worthwhile spectacle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I really like the Dead or Alive film

Yep. It's exactly as perfect a Dead or Alive film you could ever hope for. It's even got beach volleyball.

Have had Dark Souls 2 for exactly 1 week now... have put over 51 hours into it... I'm possibly about 70% done.

I find the Wii Remote function a great idea but I still don't like the stick position, preferring the PS3 or 360 placing. And that's why I primarily use the GC-2 stick with the 360 stick position and the dual function as both Wii Classic Controller and WiiU Pro Controller.

• Advertisement

I love how they incorporated the SNES controller into the design. Might be better if the analog sticks were above it alright.

But at the same time that's were you're stuck with in Wii u gamepad.

Anyone here in Athlone or Clonmel and hankering after a 29.99 copy of Xenoblade Chronicles with the controller?
    It popped back up the stock checker this morning.

DinoRex wrote: »
    Yep. It's exactly as perfect a Dead or Alive film you could ever hope for. It's even got beach volleyball.

Have had Dark Souls 2 for exactly 1 week now... have put over 51 hours into it... I'm possibly about 70% done.

I'm 20 hours in, its like crack! I'm just so busy I rarely get a chance to play for more than 2 hours at a time.

Around 32 hours in, insanely addicting. Heading towards what I think is the final extended path - but I believe some of the game's hardest areas are lying in wait :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

waveform wrote: »

Girl in work bought that on my recommendation for her Wii and for her Android phone.

Unfortunately it has alot of issues connecting to stuff when in Wiimote mode for some reason.

That gives me an idea... I might try and see if I can get the GC-2 stick to work on Android.

Anyway if you're looking for a decent pad for the Wii or Wii U I'd definately go with that GC-2 stick... it's fantastic.

It's a bit light and cheap plastic wise but I much prefer it over the usual WiiU Pro Controller.

Plus it feels much better in the hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I'm sure Doom or Retr0 will point out any mistakes

one of my friends birthday was today and this was his cake he came out with

its legendary , tasted like song of time aswell :L

1902759_723510967679959_1108611376_n.jpg

I might have been naughty and reserved those two Xenoblade Chronicles..... so if anyone wants a code....
    And they're good until close of business on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

YMCK have some new videos up, I like the first one the best, it's the most catchy with the "fuwa-fuwa, fuwa-fuwa, fuwa"

• Advertisement

Just discovered that you can set up Virtual Memory Cards in Open PS2 Loader!

Anyone using them?

Sure makes up for the space FreeMcBoot takes up on your Memory Card!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement