Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,273 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Oh my sweet zombie Jesus!
    Simon Bisley is coming to the Comic Con this weekend!
    I'll be packing my ABC Warriors books!

No way! Might pop along with the hardback Horned God book I bought when a I was a kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Doge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

God Damn that smash bros direct was so full of win

13726008703_fe531d549b_o.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,760 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Bizarre that the 3DS and WiiU versions are coming out months apart, had assumed it would be a concurrent release. Nintendo sneakily trying to get fans to buy two versions of the game? You'd have thought they'd want the WiiU version to be the flagship one, not showing up half a year later.

But then I've given up trying to make sense out of Nintendo's increasingly odd commercial decisions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,900 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd have thought wii u would be first to drive sales of the system. Seems a bit backward by Nintendo. I bet they are having trouble with the hd development of smash on wii u

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,760 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Not a good move for a fighting game either, where it's important to build a competitive community early.

No doubt the WiiU will be the ideal way to play, but it will arrive with more of a whimper if it's been preceded by the 3DS one. Going to be hard to get excited about the same game months down the line, even if it is a definitive version. If the WiiU version arrived first, hype and expectation alone would surely drive a significant amount of hardware and software sales.

Wacky Nintendo Logic strikes again!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Maybe Nintendo simply can't appreciate success.
    Perhaps it pains them to do well and so they aim, despite making excellent software, to make their life as difficult as possible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Brand new sealed Wii games...should they have the red Nintendo strip across the cellophane? (Sin & Punishment 2 & Resident Evil Darkside Chonicles)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Myrddin wrote: »
    Brand new sealed Wii games...should they have the red Nintendo strip across the cellophane? (Sin & Punishment 2 & Resident Evil Darkside Chonicles)

I just checked a sealed DC and it has the clear strip with a little arrow on it, I never saw a Nintendo strip on any of the Wii resi games, they all seem to have the clear strip.

Monkeykube wrote: »
    I just checked a sealed DC and it has the clear strip with a little arrow on it, I never saw a Nintendo strip on any of the Wii resi games, they all seem to have the clear strip.

Yeah the resi game I got has a clear strip I think, will check in the morning when I'm home. I'm 99% sure though that the Sin & Punishment 2 I got is a reseal, & not only that, a reprinted label in the case...

• Advertisement

Where did you pick it up?, I can't remember what strip was on that when I got it. I think Ciderman picked it up too a while back after I posted a link for cheap copies and he couldn't resist :pac:

Where did you pick it up?, I can't remember what strip was on that when I got it. I think Ciderman picked it up too a while back after I posted a link for cheap copies and he couldn't resist :pac:

An Amazon seller, but 'fulfilled by Amazon'...

Steve SI wrote: »
    Just grabbed one there online. Might as well add it to the collection :0)

It makes a fine addition to the family, you won't be disappointed.

zeldads_zps9cf817b4.jpg

An Amazon seller, but 'fulfilled by Amazon'...

I don't get much from Amazon, do they offer the buyer a similar deal to Ebay if things go bad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,900 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't get much from Amazon, do they offer the buyer a similar deal to Ebay if things go bad.

I'd say they'd probably be better than ebay since they don't want to lose consumer confidence in their store.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd say they'd probably be better than ebay since they don't want to lose consumer confidence in their store.

You're probably right, Ebay just seem to want their fees, it puts me off ever listing anything these days. I would prefer to use the marketplace or Adverts, I have yet to have a bad experience on either, the closest I got was when a seller told me the game was complete when it was not, it's my own fault I never checked and took them at their word :o.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Picked up that Jag rgb cable on eBay well as a soon to be hacked Sky TV Now box and a copy of Tokyo Road Race for the PS2 aka Battle Gear 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Picked up that Jag rgb cable on eBay well as a soon to be hacked Sky TV Now box and a copy of Tokyo Road Race for the PS2 aka Battle Gear 2.

Snap :)
    Cant go wrong for that price.

Sorry, posted that in the wrong forum,

• Advertisement

Sorry, posted that in the wrong forum,

tumblr_mq6xrz3okr1s2s6klo1_500.png

Could almost get banned for that but couldn't resist! Been overdosing on Doge lately! :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Dr Bob wrote: »

Wow, that's absolutely shocking! Yesterday was literally my first time coming across the keyboard, I was on that site looking at some retro tees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Dr Bob wrote: »

Read that in one of the recent Retro Gamer magazines.

Awful stuff... not paying copyright for a game that's ancient by today's standards... it's still a work of art!

Was kicking ass in Die Hard 2: Die Harder on the c64, right on the plane's wing scene and then this happened:

302493.jpg

Not wow!
    Many glitch
    Such failure

Not sure if its a bad ROM or not!

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Amazon customer care is gold standard. After a brief webchat, I've been sent a return label to send the product back (postage costs covered by the label of course), & the refund for the game has been processed straight away. No messing about at all, puts ebay/paypal to shame really. I've bought a lot from Amazon over the last two years, far more than ebay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Hey guys, quick question if you dont mind. Super Probotector and Tetris Attack (cartridges only) for the SNES - how much do these fetch? Know nothing about their values, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Hey guys, quick question if you dont mind. Super Probotector and Tetris Attack (cartridges only) for the SNES - how much do these fetch? Know nothing about their values, thanks!

Super probotector is about €30 and Tetris attack goes for about €10. If you want to find out values, go on eBay and search sold listings for the games you have. That way you can see what people are actually paying :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

Was having a look in Game X Change on Talbot street earlier and say that they'd a fair few Dreamcast & Saturn games, having never played any of these consoles before, it got me interested in a possible future purchase.

What can anyone tell me about them, are they worth having?

Hygro wrote: »
    What can anyone tell me about them, are they worth having?

**** yeah they are!

A saturn though you'd really want to get an action replay 4 in 1 and get it chipped. Most of the best games for it never made it outside of Japan and a lot of them are seriously expensive.

Dreamcast is an essential addition to any games room/collection!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Worth mentioning that most Dreamcasts will play CD-Rs out of the box. Kind of handy as the EU cases for the games are an absolute nightmare to care for.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Worth mentioning that most Dreamcasts will play CD-Rs out of the box. Kind of handy as the EU cases for the games are an absolute nightmare to care for.

Doesn't rain but it pours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

He obviously means that he only burns CD-R copies of games that he already owns so that he doesn't destroy the European case by having to open and close it all of the time.

Clearly. :-)

This guy still amazes me...

Such joy, then such sorrow :(
    Got a eBay alert on a Dreamcast Divers 2000 CX-1. Nearly dropped my phone trying to get on eBay quickly, turns out it's just the camera for it :mad::mad:

That was amazing.
    Sounded like it could be coming from an old upright piano at the back of a bar circa 1870 though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Steve SI wrote: »
    Such joy, then such sorrow :(
    Got a eBay alert on a Dreamcast Divers 2000 CX-1. Nearly dropped my phone trying to get on eBay quickly, turns out it's just the camera for it :mad::mad:
    What would you have been prepared to pay for it?

Thargor wrote: »
    What would you have been prepared to pay for it?

I'll only know that when I actually see one up for sale.

Master of the Universe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

http://kotaku.com/5875330/there-was-a-dreamcast-tv-set-it-was-both-hideous-and-glorious/

Kotaku says the last one went for 5 grand.

Never heard of this one either:

http://kotaku.com/5787855/this-nintendo-was-inside-a-television-set

EDIT: Posted before seeing o1s1ns link.

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »

For factory sealed I'd consider a high price as it's something I really want.

Whatever happened to these ...?

88953606.png

WANT!

I was supposed to be picking one of those up actually before Christmas but the deal fell through :(

I was supposed to be picking one of those up actually before Christmas but the deal fell through :(

You probably shouldn't have touched her breast!

If something gets stuck in customs, how do you actually know this? Should it show on the tracking number?

Hygro wrote: »
    You probably shouldn't have touched her breast!

It was part of the deal!
    If something gets stuck in customs, how do you actually know this? Should it show on the tracking number?

It should show up on the an post tracking site as being inspected by customs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

everdrive for the gb gbc released
    missed the first batch myself
    http://shop.retrogate.com/Everdrive-GB-EDGB.htm

I can run them off an ezflash cart for the GBA, that'll do me and it's cheaper.
    Plus, a GB/C games collection is not expensive to establish, and for the everdrive money you'll probably get a good few proper carts.

• Advertisement

I've sourced an unboxed Saturn for €70, just wondering if that's a good deal as I've no idea ... also, what's better Saturn or Dreamcast?! as there's one there too for the same price and I can't afford both.

Pro's and cons of each please :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement