Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

waveform wrote: »
    Ciderman may have, we didn't have desks that were that old! :P
    I'd them in primary school too, fell and hit my mouth off the legs, nightmarish to remember.
    Before we left in 6th they got in new tables and chairs, typical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,273 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Very weird that there isn't one, you'd think it would be perfect fodder for a side scrolling shooter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »
    Very weird that there isn't one, you'd think it would be perfect fodder for a side scrolling shooter.

It was probably too difficult to translate such a complex storyline to a game :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

"Press left and fire to throw circular saw blade into soldiers head and then quip"

"Press down and fire to lie to Sully and not kill him last, despite promising him earlier"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,900 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just noticed on backloggery I've 1000+ unfinished games

I blame steam sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Hygro wrote: »
    I bought a Saturn pad for 12 euro, thought it was a good price, but missed out on a 10 euro dreamcast pad by going back too late.

Yeah 65 euro for Zombies on the MD, I thought I saw something for 75 euro at the back, but 96???

It's like topsy turvy world to me, I'm used to expensive consoles and cheap games!

65 FOR ZOMBIES ON THE MD?! WTF! Its 20 quid at most and thats like in good nick. I think the picked up the wrong end of the stick with Tesco's Crazy Prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

They will still likely be in better condition than the games a certain local retro and game emporium sells.

• Advertisement

So I got the new Zelda special edition 3DS XL last week. Very nice it is.
    Got a late birthday pressie today from a friend, a bloody special edition Zelda 3DS XL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »
    Got a late birthday pressie today from a friend, a bloody special edition Zelda 3DS XL :D

Well that's perfect so, saves you having to buy the second one? :P

Myrddin wrote: »
    Well that's perfect so, saves you having to buy the second one? :P

Even I think having two of these special editions is too much. I've already a bunch of 3DS's and XL's.
    I'll prob keep the new one as it was a gift and sell on the one from last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Even I think having two of these special editions is too much. I've already a bunch of 3DS's and XL's.
    I'll prob keep the new one as it was a gift and sell on the one from last week.

You could go the other extreme, & buy a third...each one making up a piece of the triforce...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Bloody special edition friend there too!

Bloody special edition friend there too!

Yeah, she's a keeper of a friend all right. Even more if she'd got me the Yoshi XL :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah, she's a keeper of a friend all right. Even more if she'd got me the Yoshi XL :)

Sell spare zelda 3ds
    Acquire $$$
    Buy yoshi 3DS with said $$$
    ????
    Possible actual profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Doge

Looking more for this type of thing, but Commando movie game.

mJ1bxK-btbicqkzVfuzQ3OA.jpg

Yeah i knew that, couldnt resist posting the awesome mash up video though!

I think its hilarious how you see Arnie shooting at the guards in the watchtowers, and then you see it in game. :P

Sell spare zelda 3ds
    Acquire $$$
    Buy yoshi 3DS with said $$$
    ????
    Possible actual profit.

Ah, I'll stick it up at 150 or so. Not enough to get the Yoshi but it'll help :0)

As ridiculous as Commando is,
    I think the short clip with the M60 is a thing of beauty, watching the "bullets" cut through the flowers.

I wish it was extended longer than 3 seconds.

I even made a gif of it:

29PXtJ.gif

There's nothing to stop someone making a Commando mod for a game.

I think a 3rd person view would work better, make the enemies blind as a bat and of course Arnie would be invincible in the game.!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,900 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Whoever designed Champion Road in Super Mario 3D World is going to hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

well I stole this pic from retro review on facebook but ikea have LED cases which look good for showcasing your goodies
    2415jix.jpg
    http://m.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/art/80219622/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

That's more expensive than the Gamecube !!

That's more expensive than the Gamecube !!

Beauty costs money.

I just found the perfect MD1 for Ciderman...

megadrive-streets-02.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

MrVestek wrote: »

Finally somewhere to stick all those Happy Meal toys...

DinoRex wrote: »
    Finally somewhere to stick all those Happy Meal toys...

FECK! I had forgotten about those.

Is that still going?

I just found the perfect MD1 for Ciderman...

megadrive-streets-02.jpg

Totally unrelated but somebody (I can't remember her name, have her business card at home) did this awesome portrait of me as the 11th Doctor at MCM Comic Con.

10013744_10203870414223558_8648789003446233949_n.jpg

I love it! Framing it today and will put it into the room that remains invisible from she who must not be tormented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Any of you guys using highscore.com? Great site for putting up your high scores, and makes it a bit more fun to have somewhere to save them:

http://highscore.com/

• Advertisement

Can anyone offer a brother a little help with getting a custom t-shirt printed and a lickle graphics optimization?

Mr. SI, your expertise and wisdom would be really appreciated!

I basically want to print just one short sleeved t-shirt for myself with the following logo:

http://i.imgur.com/iQyW4wi.png

It will be on a black t-shirt.

As you can see its a bit jagged, is there anyway you know of smoothing the lines?

And can anyone recommend a good (and reasonably priced) T-shirt printing service in the EU?

Preferably that offer good quality brands like Hanes , American apparel, fruit of the loom, Gildan etc..

Can anyone offer a brother a little help with getting a custom t-shirt printed and a lickle graphics optimization?

I basically want to print just one short sleeved t-shirt for myself with the following logo:

As you can see its a bit jagged, is there anyway you know of smoothing the lines?

And can anyone recommend a good (and reasonably priced) T-shirt printing service in the EU?

Preferably that offer good quality brands like Hanes , American apparel, fruit of the loom, Gildan etc..

This is a bit of a rush job but... how's this?

303499.png

This is a bit of a rush job but... how's this?

Its an improvement thats for sure.

I think Mr. SI can do some tricks with vectors too, so tat you can make it practically any size without jagged edges?

Not sure if the jagged edges even matter when its printed, maybe it wouldn't look as bad as on a computer screen.

He'd probably have to rebuild the image from scratch for that though.

I've changed my original edit, applied a quick guassian blur to the overall image just enough to get rid of the jaggies.

He'd probably have to rebuild the image from scratch for that though.

I've changed my original edit, applied a quick guassian blur to the overall image just enough to get rid of the jaggies.

Thats awesome dude thanks!

Now I just need to figure out which brand to use for the t-shirt, and find a printing service that isn't over 40 euro for one t-shirt!

Just found a seller on ebay selling one for a decent price, that didn't show up in previous searches!

The quality could be crap though.

It would still be handy to hear peoples suggestions on a printing service though as I'm sure I'll have more ideas for tees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You'd be looking at a three colour print for that, unless you want the rest of the pinkish-red done in the same red as the maple leaf?
    Most good printing places would do the colours separate, so they would need to be split out to separate layers, and the image don't in nice high resolution for the best result.

Here's a quick job on it. Not great but maybe something you can work on.

2lje.png

Here's the full size image(9800x5250):
    http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/5615/h933.png

Here's a quick job on it. Not great but maybe something you can work on.

2lje.png

Here's the full size image(9800x5250):
    http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/5615/h933.png

That looks absolutely perfect to me man, thanks a million!

• Advertisement

That looks absolutely perfect to me man, thanks a million!

It's not perfect, but a improvement anyway :)

I've attached the vector .ai files for you. There are two as I needed to use a different maple leaf vector.

Thanks a lot dude, I see now it's Illustrator you're using.

Must play around with this myself, feed a man a fish etc...

If you use vectors like illustrator uses you can scale the image to what ever resolution you want and it won't alias.

Thats awesome dude thanks!

Now I just need to figure out which brand to use for the t-shirt, and find a printing service that isn't over 40 euro for one t-shirt!

There's a place down the road from me in Dun Laoghaire that will do it in any size for €14.

If you want to place an order with them over the phone I'll gladly go and pick it up for you and forward it on to de shticks.

http://www.myimages.ie/

Did the little hack on the Sky Now box and got Plex installed.
    And now I've access to my media on my home server and the stuff I'm hooked up to via fibre optic in Kerbdogs home server.
    So happy days then, and for feck all.
    Plex isn't as easy to use, unlike Xbmc you have to have it running on your PC or Network Storage but once set up its pretty good.
    Plus, unlike my poor old Xbox it will play back my HD media without issue.

All you need is a Raspberry Pi... problem solved! :D

• Advertisement

Hmm, this is cheaper, £10 from Sky, though I paid a little more from Ebay

Hmm, this is cheaper, £10 from Sky, though I paid a little more from Ebay

Can you buy it for £10 without a Sky subscription?

I've no idea.
    They are handy though.
    It's about the size of a GBA sp.

I've no idea.
    They are handy though.
    It's about the size of a GBA sp.

I don't think you can... which makes them slightly more expensive than a Raspberry Pi. :P

They do look like handy little devices though.

Thing is... their functionality is easilly replicated on a PS3, Xbox 360, hell even a Wii can do it (and in HD too with the right cable).

You can just buy the box without subscription for the £9.99.
    Then you can pay a monthly fee to access context etc.

Or just hack that baby :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement