Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Damn,
    Nearly bought Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong 2 Game & Watches on Adverts.
    The guy offered them to me for €80.
    Then I checked on ebay and they are selling for about €30 posted each.
    Think I'll go that way instead.
    That said, if he'd accepted the offer of €70 for the two I would have gone for it.
    I'll just preorder Kirby Triple Deluxe and Mario Kart 8 instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I'm gonna say it again, that Game Collector app/service from collectorz.com is just plain awesome!!
    Been using it to catalogue my collection and it's just great. Just started on the arcade PCB's last night and slowly imputing them along with pics and any extra info.
    The stats viewer alone is nearly worth the asking price(apparently I like 3DO).

Can you share a link so others can see what you have?

urbanledge wrote: »
    Can you share a link so others can see what you have?

Yes there is a setting to enable that on the website.
    You can also use it to track loans and also have one collection but multiple game owners if you want.

Here's a link to their test public game collection.
    http://connect.collectorz.com/users/demo/games

But you have to remember the good stuff is in the apps, not the website.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,760 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

RIP to Bob Hoskins - everyone's favourite big screen Mario, albeit favourite very much by default.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

RIP to Bob Hoskins - everyone's favourite big screen Mario, albeit favourite very much by default.

What now?
    Going to have to watch Roger Rabbit, Unleashed and Mona Lisa in honour.
    Also, he did a great episode of Fraiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

don't forget Hook too

don't forget Hook too

I can't,
    I've tried.
    Drugs
    Surgery
    Heavy blows the temples.
    Still can't forget Hook.
    The only thing that helps is the knowledge that Robin Williams must have gone through hell getting his chest waxed.

• Advertisement

Just watched the latest episode of Agents of Shield and it continues to get better.
    Seems like the latest Cap movie was the best thing that ever happened to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just watched the latest episode of Agents of Shield and it continues to get better.
    Seems like the latest Cap movie was the best thing that ever happened to it.

I stopped watching after the mid-season break. I had middling hopes for the show but it was just plain awful at times. Worth getting back into?
    Netflix are doing a few marvel shows in the next few years as well, hopefully those ones are of a better quality.

Picking up with the episodes featuring the Asgardians, just got better and better then.
    I thought before that it sometimes dipped to Warehouse 13 levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

The developer of this game just posted to my group on Facebook.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/224570-the-official-ordering-page-for-space-raid-intellivision-homebrew/

Looks interesting for those with an intellivision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I really want one of these :(

10172812_10152143225977153_6206006279899732102_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Is there any particular reason the Metroid Prime Trilogy is going for such obnoxious prices? Regularly seeing €60, sometimes €90, once $200!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Got a limited print run. Not sure on the exact figures though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,273 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Apparently Tesco hoarded them all for years and is only releasing them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

o1s1n wrote: »
    Apparently Tesco hoarded them all for years and is only releasing them now.

Yeah, and for a fiver!! Didn't find one locally though...

Picked up Brutal Legend there for €3 on Xbox 360 earlier. I know that it's not supposed to be a fantastic game but you can't really go wrong for the price of a bag of chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

MrVestek wrote: »
    Picked up Brutal Legend there for €3 on Xbox 360 earlier. I know that it's not supposed to be a fantastic game but you can't really go wrong for the price of a bag of chips.

Not sure man. Where are the chips from?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHR8GZqDcHn59GfEdekjlU6d2-EKqvM3lo49_atjPEYbVFEUgFlw

Burdocks. Obviously. :)

all this talk of chips reminded me that it's only about 3 weeks til National Fish & Chip day.
    nothing better than a half price 1&1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

UzyAH5Z.jpg

Any individual encouraged by this ad to buy a 2600 deserves everything they got.

He probably would be pretty p1ssed if he could see what 2600 Pacman really looked like though.

Maybe MS could get him back to do a campaign for the XB1?
    Or maybe Nintendo?
    I think Sony have Max Clifford lined up, "I'm going to jail for my crimes, but if I wanted to forget about being someones jail beetch for the next ten years I'd get a PS4!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,273 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Hahaha! Not sure if the stupidest or most brilliant ad I've ever seen :D It's certainly a bizarre idea alright.

It really would take a blind man to appreciate many 2600 games.

dfxc.jpg

h0hn.jpg

Ok, I had a spare can of Acrylic paint, can of Acrylic gloss varnish and a manky C64 that doesn’t work anyway.
    The paint was left over from a repair job I did on my ancient silicon graphics workstation. Those that know them will recognise the colour :0)

lgvd.jpg

Anyway, needs to be sanding down a bit and redone as the clear varnish ran a bit in areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

UzyAH5Z.jpg

hah, I sent that picture to the missus yesterday, (I'm picking up something on saturday, more on that later :)), and she replied

"is that what you're getting on saturday?"
    I replied "no, I've already got like four or five of them"

...and she replied.... "even with the twirly controllers?"

Paddles woman, they're paddles!! Haven't I thought you anything??!! Twirly controllers indeed...

That pic is gas, I like the way Stevie is even holding the joystick upside down :D

Did you read the text of the ad?!
    "Even Stevie can fumble his way through a joystick"
    "You don't need two people to play with an ATARI 2600... Or even two eyes"
    "Stevie likes to play alone, even if he has no idea what's happening"
    Great Zombie Jebus!

• Advertisement

When I first saw that I thought it was Andre3000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

"I love the sound of fun"

I bet you do Steve

When I first saw that I thought it was Andre3000

eyGexgc.gif

Made a deal with the devil today.
    Took my 2c worth of Nintendogs and brought them to Gamestop where I traded them in for a preorder of Kirby Triple Deluxe.
    Which also got me a 25% bonus, and I joined their fecking club thingy for another 5%, so turned 2c into €32.
    So €31.98, that is the price of my soul :(
    Handily I can click the unsubscribe button and insure they don't text me with their crap asap!
    Souls Recovered!
    Hollowing Reversed!

Tickets booked for my next shopping trip to Japan :)
    Feels like forever since I made it over. Roll on September :D

Flights very reasonable from London to Tokyo direct at the moment by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

So I finished the top part of the C64 and its pretty much how i wanted to have it(sprayed, sanded, sprayed with a few coats and then the clear finished to candy it up a bit). I'll swap out the keyboard with another one as one of the keys is missing, that's easy.

But, does anyone have or know where i might get a nice minty fresh Commodore 64 case badge and also the bit over the power LED? I could spend ages trying to restore the ones I have but I'd rather not have to do that. I think a nice clean badge would really finish it off nicely.

4ro7.jpg

qcdf.jpg

I'll need to get more paint to finish the bottom half but that bit will be easy as it doesn't have as many grooves and textures like the top part.

A stupid question but I have to ask.
    Why Steve, Why?

A stupid question but I have to ask.
    Why Steve, Why?

Why not have a purple C64? :D

Ah, I had the paint, the C64 itself was beyond Retr0brite and sanding it down was the only way to clean it up. And it's not as if the C64 is rare.
    Next one might be luminescent pink maybe, or maybe luminescent green :)

You're probably going to disapprove of the Ferrari red Dreamcast I'm working on as well :)

• Advertisement

Looks yummy, food yummy like shower gel that's looks like it should be nice to eat.

I can recommend some effective medications for these kinds of preoccupations.
    That or a stout blow to the side of the head with a hammer

Sure I might do a 3DO next Ciderman. How do you feel about a nice midnight blue colour with some glitter flecks in it? :D:D

Steve SI wrote: »
    Sure I might do a 3DO next Ciderman. How do you feel about a nice midnight blue colour with some glitter flecks in it? :D:D

:eek:

And you the other person I could count on to see the true awesomeness of the 3DO, and now you say this... :( There is no emoticon to express my feelings at this moment.

:eek:

And you the other person I could count on to see the true awesomeness of the 3DO, and now you say this... :( There is no emoticon to express my feelings at this moment.

Actually, maybe an iPod White 3DO is a better option :D

Steve SI wrote: »
    Actually, maybe an iPod White 3DO is a better option :D

Stop, stop now for pities sake!
    I don't want my colleagues wondering why their manager is crying while typing into his phone.

• Advertisement

Stop, stop now for pities sake!
    I don't want my colleagues wondering why their manager is crying while typing into his phone.

Just explain it to them, surely they'll understand.
    'What's wrong ciderager?'
    'The man, the man is ruining art! He's defiling a 3DO!'
    'Is it a FZ1 or FZ10?'
    'FZ1.'
    'Quit your whining so, sure it's a big pile of ugly.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Oh harm practicing on a Goldstar 3DO, ugly as sin them yokes..

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Just explain it to them, surely they'll understand.
    'What's wrong ciderager?'
    'The man, the man is ruining art! He's defiling a 3DO!'
    'Is it a FZ1 or FZ10?'
    'FZ1.'
    'Quit your whining so, sure it's a big pile of ugly.'

8eQqot7.gif
    Oh harm practicing on a Goldstar 3DO, ugly as sin them yokes..

Wouldn't waste the paint :)

Why not practice with a bucket of sh1te, a brush and a CDi?
    It can only improve the pitiful device.

And not to worry about mixing up the glory of the FZ1 with the poverty styling of the FZ10,but at least you can still play Return Fire Maps'O Death on it.

xrx4.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement