Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Does the GDEmu work in conjunction with a mod chip? Best to install the region free bios for use with GDEmu no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Myrddin wrote: »
    Does the GDEmu work in conjunction with a mod chip? Best to install the region free bios for use with GDEmu no?

Yeah it'll work just like the GD-ROM drive, so will work with the bios.
    I dont think there is much to doing the region free bios mod so I'll probably tackle that after the other 50 mods I've got lined up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Doge

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    See above post. It's crap. :)

Ordered it yesterday so too late now! :o

If its only ntsc-j games then i dont mind. The trinitron doesnt have a component input, and i doubt it could handle component through Scart?

Now that i've pulled a Steve i think i'll play the more modern games on the HD monitor with the second Wii. :)

Took a risk on some Amazon seller who had some sealed 3DO games going cheap(but stock pics as is the norm with Amazon).
    Anyway, they arrived yesterday and were indeed new and sealed. So maybe worth the odd risk on Amazon if you do few searches.

Nice new and shiny Wing Commander 3 for my collection :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,273 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Anyone know how long Amazon usually take to charge you for something? (I'd assumed it was the moment the item was sent out)

I have my new phone here (was originally ordered on the 30th of April) and still no sign of any form of a charge on my credit card.

Be nice if they sent me a free phone ... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Brace yourselves, Shaq-Fu 2 is coming

http://kotaku.com/shaq-fu-2-is-happening-1572668014

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

So I re-did some stuff on the bartop over the weekend and got this as an end result:

10325354_10204075074499937_8974154871030076029_n.jpg

It may not look too different but the chrome trim looks more professionally applied and the MDF was properly sanded down etc before applying the carbon fibre vinyl wrap on the control panel this time.

So anyway I was bored last night and didn't want to go to bed yet... had some extra vinyl wrap and the heat gun sitting beside me on the couch. An hour later I ended up with this:

IMG_20140512_025258.jpg

Not sure if I like it yet or not... and getting that wrap onto the broadband adapter was a pain in the goolies. I had wanted to do the entire console but I didn't have as much left as I thought I did so settled with broadband modem, controller bezel and top lid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

MrVestek wrote: »
    10325354_10204075074499937_8974154871030076029_n.jpg

All I could think of looking at that pic

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So anyway I was bored last night and didn't want to go to bed yet... had some extra vinyl wrap and the heat gun sitting beside me on the couch. An hour later I ended up with this:

IMG_20140512_025258.jpg

Not sure if I like it yet or not... and getting that wrap onto the broadband adapter was a pain in the goolies. I had wanted to do the entire console but I didn't have as much left as I thought I did so settled with broadband modem, controller bezel and top lid.

You know you're going to Hell, right?

I wanted to order some stuff off bestofpinball to rebuild the left flipper on the tales from the crypt.
    ended up ordering 100es worth of stuff...........I didnt really need.
    :(

I guess the new glass I was planing on getting for it will have to wait!
    I think I found a topper for it tho.
    The original is like this but it looks a bit crappy imo.also its 130e or something!
    93590-i.jpg

Found this guy on ebay for £30 and hes the right size.
    702479949_o.jpg?nc=662
    Deffo scare the **** out of the nieces and nephews !:D

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I'm amazed how low quality that original topper is given the standard of the rest of the table. Definitely made a good choice by giving it a miss. It's awful!

The reaper dude is deadly :D

Yea its strange its so bad!
    It looks like those crappy thin plastic molded yokes you see hanging on walls at Halloween!

One thing I ordered that I didnt plan on was this "cliffy" protector for the center scoop.
    The playfield gets worn form being blasted in/out so it stops it.Mine has some ware.it was 30 ****ing quid!
    111972.jpg

I suppose its this sort of thing that makes a home table that bit nicer!
    I actually did a ton of work on it yesterday day.
    Fixed a few small issues like the trop targets not resetting the odd time and the tombstone getting stuck on its way up.Both mechanical problems.
    changed a load of rubbers (some are a bastard to do )and more cleaning!Always more cleaning to be done!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You know you're going to Hell, right?

If he's going to hell, where am I going? :)

40ngo.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Steve SI wrote: »

40ngo.jpg

Here
    You sick twisted f*ck!
    circleoffriendslogo.gif

40ngo.jpg

You're giving me ideas... I still have loads of spray paint left over from the bartop...

Hrmmm...

You're giving me ideas... I still have loads of spray paint left over from the bartop...

Hrmmm...

I'm full of ideas. They're not all good ones though :)

p426.jpg

p426.jpg

I bet that DC is very fast now. Overclocked by virtue of it's colour.

needs a white stripe or 2

A Nike Swoosh,
    of course, eventually it'll wind up like this
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTX08bE6HXMGrZ0sdZStTRVhtt-40boswoh2Q0VJLAF0_YSg3E1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

40ngo.jpg

That's nice, what did you coat it with?

Master of the Universe

Reminds me of a sink :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Reminds me of a sink :pac:

Or some futuristic bedpan. :p

safetyboy wrote: »
    That's nice, what did you coat it with?

Humbrol Chrome metallic effect acrylic paint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A Nike Swoosh,
    of course, eventually it'll wind up like this
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTX08bE6HXMGrZ0sdZStTRVhtt-40boswoh2Q0VJLAF0_YSg3E1

You don't diss Number 5...
    passhimoffatthehead.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

So who else got the Sega Art book email today?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

So who else got the Sega Art book email today?

Yep. Shame no firm date yet but sounds like it's going to be great quality.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

p426.jpg

Ironman?

keithgeo wrote: »
    Ironman?

That wasn't the plan. But now you mention it :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,901 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

HR Giger has died. Movies and games would never have been the same without him.

Maybe it's time to play Darkseed on the Amiga.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Never has a man snuck as many images of lady parts into as many mainstream movies as Giger, we salute you!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Oh no! I was convinced he wasn't actually human and would live forever :(

First bit of art I ever saw of his was my Dads ELP - Brain Salad Surgery album cover. Uses to be fascinated with it and try to draw it all the time.

When I was a little bit older, my dad did a bit of an 'if you liked that, wait till you see this!!' and sat me down to watch Aliens. Mind blown.

Tried to get a drawing of his in some form over the years but the demand for anything original of his is huge.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,761 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

When I was a little bit older, my dad did a bit of an 'if you liked that, wait till you see this!!' and sat me down to watch Aliens.

He didn't even start you with Alien, the inconsiderate dastard! :pac:

Master of the Universe

He didn't even start you with Alien, the inconsiderate dastard! :pac:

When it comes to a 10 year old, Aliens wins every time! :D

I have one of his print portfolios somewhere and very impressive his work remains.
    The organic nature of his work was a little lost on me initially but, over time, what is seen can not be unseen.
    Was there some detente after the release of Prometheus? I know he wasn't happy when sidelined in Camerons production of Aliens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What was the cheapest 3DS that anyone bought in Tesco recently and was it the Zelda one or just the original?

I’m just going through a rather massive new batch of ultra high res artwork I got for the website and my gods there is some beautiful arcade artwork out there! I’ve a feeling I’ll be getting a load of these professionally printed.

What’s the best place in Dublin for doing prints(canvas, paper, plastics etc)? I could get it done abroad but would like it done locally if the quality is up to scratch.

Master of the Universe

Well I don't know about now, but back when I was in art college we used Reads all the time. The one on Nassau street.

Their standard printing was on really lovely glossy paper and the prices are probably the lowest you'll find in Dublin.

Edit - by the way lads, (and completely unrelated) - over two weeks later now and still no charge from Amazon for my phone.

This ever happen to any of you before?

Well I don't know about now, but back when I was in art college we used Reads all the time. The one on Nassau street.

Their standard printing was on really lovely glossy paper and the prices are probably the lowest you'll find in Dublin.

Edit - by the way lads, (and completely unrelated) - over two weeks later now and still no charge from Amazon for my phone.

This ever happen to any of you before?

*whispers*

Freeee phoooonnneee....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Doge

Anyone know of a simple mame utility that I can point to a ROM folder and will list the
    Roms as the actual names of the games AND let me right click and copy and paste them to a different directory?

I don't think you can copy and paste with MameUI.

I really don't want to manually look up which zip file corresponds to which game title!

Thanks!

Master of the Universe

*whispers*

Freeee phoooonnneee....

*whispers back*

That's what I'm hoping... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,901 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Never knew this Eugene Jarvis batman arcade game exists, looks great.

They have it in Blanchardstown, in the little arcade in the cinema foyer, looks mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Never knew this Eugene Jarvis batman arcade game exists, looks great.

Good to know that they have the best version of the Batmobile in there (Burtonmobile, BRAAHS!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

What's that game with the jabs called? That one for the 3DS with the..... 'provocative' cover art.

Master of the Universe

What's that game with the jabs called? That one for the 3DS with the..... 'provocative' cover art.

That would be Senran Kagura Burst.

That would be Senran Kagura Burst.

Thanks sir. :)

Master of the Universe

Thanks sir. :)

Just be wary, massive jabs aside, it has some serious frame rate issues. For a fast paced game that's meant to be all about the visuals (!) it's a fairly unforgivable complaint.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,761 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's about to be out done by Monster Monpiece, which is somehow getting a US and EU release! Will Retr0 purchase or copy or will his hate for Idea Factory win out?

Master of the Universe

It's about to be out done by Monster Monpiece, which is somehow getting a US and EU release! Will Retr0 purchase or copy or will his hate for Idea Factory win out?

The English localization will feature all gameplay features and complete storyline, however several card images were cut from the North American and European versions of the game, citing concerns regarding the sexual nature of the imagery.[7] Following the cut, PEGI has given the game a rating of 12+,[16] compared to the CERO D (17+) rating of the original Japanese version.

Imagery for the high level evolution forms of the Vampire, Kraken, Goblin, Cockatrice, Kobold, Skeleton, Titania, Bahamut, Fia, Brownie, Pegasus, Mandragora, Mau Sibau, Rafflesia, Death Scorpion, Phantom, and Tengu cards have been removed.

Looks like they're heavily censoring it if it's going down to a 12+ rating.

edit - holy crap! I had a look at some of the uncensored cards. Err, I think this just isn't a game for the west!

• Advertisement

Is that a Vita game? Hmm, that means it'll be region free...

knob.gif

t.hanks_.gif

20120607035837_auto.gif

;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement