Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,761 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

o1s1n wrote: »
    Imagery for the high level evolution forms of the Vampire, Kraken, Goblin, Cockatrice, Kobold, Skeleton, Titania, Bahamut, Fia, Brownie, Pegasus, Mandragora, Mau Sibau, Rafflesia, Death Scorpion, Phantom, and Tengu cards have been removed. [/I]

I'm trying to tell myself I'm above making jokes about these, but I'm not sure how convincing I am.
    edit - holy crap! I had a look at some of the uncensored cards. Err, I think this just isn't a game for the west!

I think it's more the particularly explicit imagery that has been removed. The rubbing gameplay is still intact!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

*hides JPN copy of Monster Monpiece from prying eyes of gf...*

EDIT: just had a look at some of the censored cards myself...think I'll wait for the western release to actually play it..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Might want to apply the rules of buying preowned DC Vibration packs to the buying of preowned Vita consoles now.

Might I suggest
    34267.jpg

Last thing you need to be thinking about, when playing Tearaway is that someone was playing Monster Monpiece with his member

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,901 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's about to be out done by Monster Monpiece, which is somehow getting a US and EU release! Will Retr0 purchase or copy or will his hate for Idea Factory win out?

Even idea **** games aren't beyond my perversions. Sure I bought an outcome dating sim by them, special edition and all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Even idea **** games aren't beyond my perversions. Sure I bought an outcome dating sim by them, special edition and all.

Didn't you buy and play this?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,901 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm waiting until I finish the pigeon dating sim first.

Was on ebay today. I need to stay off it.

Bought a load off hit-japan. There really is no point paying US and EU prices for SNES games except when english is absolutely necessary. Contra 3 and axelay for a tenner. DKC 1 2 and 3 for 20 euros in a bundle. Batman Returns for a fiver.

Same again for EU PS1 games. The prices they go for are ridiculous considering you are getting such an inferior product. You get the same in 60 Hz from the US for near half the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Doge

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Naughty bits gifs

i-really-enjoy-my-joystick_o_200168.gif

Assassin's Creed 3 getting in on the act as well with the best glitch ever:

tumblr_mmfy7wCKOf1qz5q5lo1_r2_250.gif

115974.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,273 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Was on ebay today. I need to stay off it.

Bought a load off hit-japan. There really is no point paying US and EU prices for SNES games except when english is absolutely necessary. Contra 3 and axelay for a tenner. DKC 1 2 and 3 for 20 euros in a bundle. Batman Returns for a fiver.

Same again for EU PS1 games. The prices they go for are ridiculous considering you are getting such an inferior product. You get the same in 60 Hz from the US for near half the price.

Whenever I'm buying something on ebay I'll check to see if the seller has anything else going.

Hit-japan is always the death of me!

• Advertisement

Whenever I'm buying something on ebay I'll check to see if the seller has anything else going.

Hit-japan is always the death of me!

Scrolled through 54 pages of super famicom stuff adding things to my wishlist. Damn him and his low combined shipping.

I did notice the Steve SI level bargain of a complete in box Rendering Ranger for $1700 on his store. Bargain.

Master of the Universe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

anyone ever bought one of his 100 untested games lots before?

It gets worse, that copy of Rendering Ranger is sun-faded!
    Compare it to this:

Ooops, it actually says faded buried away in the description. Fail post on my behalf!

Been listening to this for the past twenty minutes or so:

http://labs.echonest.com/Uploader/index.html?trid=TRVXMBZ13698F198D4

Does a good enough job of looping the MP3 so that it sounds like you're playing the level itself.

No idea why I've listened to it for this long but there you go...

Doesn't seem to be looping properly for me at all, maybe I clicked too much!

Just jumps between sections off beat.

Don't keep clicking... just click on one section and then sit back and listen.

Darn...

• Advertisement

Master of the Universe

Class!

Tut tut to the Metal Slug death animations being used though. Would be nice if it was 100% original.

Edit - actually I think some of those backgrounds might be heavily edited Metal Slug ones too. The snow one looks really familiar.

For some unknown reason I've been playing around with my PSP Go, a device that has languished for a couple of years now, refusing to connect to my PC.
    I had another look at it and there was some gunk in the USB plug, quick scrape later and it connects again!
    Hooray, what's good for genital warts is good for the PSP Go! :)

So Crash 3 is working so far, going to see if I can get some other bits and bobs on there.

Theres some PSP Go component cables going for a euro in Dealz in Cork, maybe up in Dublin too?

Must have a look.
    I've had no luck getting Princess Crown to work, a PSP (J) game, and it won't run a converted Starblade Alpha, either local or US versions :(
    But Darius Burst is working fine, as is Crash 3, I'll muck around with it again another day (probably some time in 2017)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Dafuq?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Dafuq?

Exacltly. It can really only be answered by Schteve I think. Wherever he may be... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Haha, you've probably all seen the pics of Ben Afleck as batman.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/13/5714096/ben-affleck-is-sad-batman

batswing.gif

• Advertisement

Can't be any worse than when he was Superman ;)

superman82420122222.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Can't be any worse than when he was Superman ;)

superman82420122222.png

tIdZg8b_medium.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I have to say is...I kinda like it. If only because he's playing Batman: Goddamn Edition now.

Who+doesn+t+want+to+be+the+GODDAMN+BATMAN+_23296a70ceba1b4ecbde6eb36390c51b.jpeg

Master of the Universe

Anyone else find the small ears on the suit really puny and pathetic looking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I like it...

Big change from baleman, but reminds me of the dark knight returns.

I do like seeing batman played by different actors because every one plays him a different way. No idea what period this new movie takes place in, but id say we'll see a grizzled and morbid batman. I think I'm one of the few people who didn't freak when Ben affleck was cast. I think he'll do a good job, he's going some decent acting chops and has had a good run with the town and argo.

Master of the Universe

I'm not really a bit superhero fan at all, in fact I don't really like them one bit. Batman I can just about stomach as he's at least a little bit interesting.

Love Simon Bisley's version of him. Now there's some bat ears to be proud of!

Biz-Batman-57.jpg

• Advertisement

Didn't know this existed:

http://www.adverts.ie/5490580

I wonder if used the same horrible emulation as the AtGames console or something better.

I don't get the whole comic books taking a serious direction. It's always going to be about a man dressed as a bat taking down criminals. I much prefer the touches of silly tim burton's films had over the serious tone of the latest ones, not to say I didn't enjoy them, apart from the third one.

There seems to be a parallel with videogames in this case. A lot of people that grew up with both as children and teens are now in the industry and want to justify the medium as art. There's nothing wrong with that except when you don't have the writing chops to pull it off. What you end up with is comic books with over the top gore and violence, particularly against women, and pretty much the same in videogames as well at the moment. Rubbish like lords of shadows 2, dragon age and grand theft auto comparable to the dark edgy turn marvel took around 2000. I'm talking about the writing here not the games.

Tl;dr version: Frank Miller is a cod and wishes he was Alan Moore.

waveform wrote: »
    Didn't know this existed:

http://www.adverts.ie/5490580

I wonder if used the same horrible emulation as the AtGames console or something better.

Fermentedapplejuiceman had one of those before. It had some of the worst emulation and video output I'd ever seen from a console.

Fermentedapplejuiceman had one of those before. It had some of the worst emulation and video output I'd ever seen from a console.

I could only imagine what you think of the sound emulation of the AtGames console!

So bad myself and Mr. Vestek had to mute it!

Here's one for Ciderman !

The NFS series turned 20 yesterday and the Top Gear site gave a mention of the original game on the 3DO.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/retro-games-2011-08-09

They also did a Top 20 list of retro racers.
    I don't really like the list and the constant "this game will give you a headache" though.

• Advertisement

Going to spend the day playing the original NFS to celebrate the anniversary.

Master of the Universe

I don't get the whole comic books taking a serious direction. It's always going to be about a man dressed as a bat taking down criminals. I much prefer the touches of silly tim burton's films had over the serious tone of the latest ones, not to say I didn't enjoy them, apart from the third one.

There seems to be a parallel with videogames in this case. A lot of people that grew up with both as children and teens are now in the industry and want to justify the medium as art. There's nothing wrong with that except when you don't have the writing chops to pull it off. What you end up with is comic books with over the top gore and violence, particularly against women, and pretty much the same in videogames as well at the moment. Rubbish like lords of shadows 2, dragon age and grand theft auto comparable to the dark edgy turn marvel took around 2000. I'm talking about the writing here not the games.

Tl;dr version: Frank Miller is a cod and wishes he was Alan Moore.

That's one reason I absolutely love 2000AD. The stories in it rarely ever try to be serious and grandiose. They also usually have some kind of sense of humour - even if it's really dark and disguised under a potentially serious topic.

British comics in my opinion have always been leagues ahead in their writing than American ones. After growing up reading stuff this side of the Atlantic I was never able to take anything from the US seriously.

Sure the likes of Alan Moore cut his teeth writing Future Shocks and Halo Jones in 2000AD. IMO still some of his finest work.

I just think it boils down to different ways in which Americans and Europeans tend to approach things. Same with film, games etc.

waveform wrote: »
    Here's one for Ciderman !

The NFS series turned 20 yesterday and the Top Gear site gave a mention of the original game on the 3DO.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/retro-games-2011-08-09

They also did a Top 20 list of retro racers.
    I don't really like the list and the constant "this game will give you a headache" though.

can't take the list seriously when there's no Gaelco WRC on it

That's one reason I absolutely love 2000AD. The stories in it rarely ever try to be serious and grandiose. They also usually have some kind of sense of humour - even if it's really dark and disguised under a potentially serious topic.

British comics in my opinion have always been leagues ahead in their writing than American ones. After growing up reading stuff this side of the Atlantic I was never able to take anything from the US seriously.

Sure the likes of Alan Moore cut his teeth writing Future Shocks and Halo Jones in 2000AD. IMO still some of his finest work.

I just think it boils down to different ways in which Americans and Europeans tend to approach things. Same with film, games etc.

I've only read a few 2000ad comics but like what I read and some of the silly filler stories were genuinely laugh out loud funny. The one about the mega fat people will always stick in my mind. There was an imagine of two judges trying to push a 30 tonne man through a door of a stadium proclaiming 'this is impossible!' That had me in stitches.

can't take the list seriously when there's no Gaelco WRC on it

I was only playing that on the iCade Tuesday! Classic game and the sound is fantastic. Is there a second one that came out with more cars, or is it my imagination?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

2000AD is ****ing amazing!

It really does show the differences between usa and uk. Same for comedy shows... I love some English tounge in cheek ones like the office but I also like some American ones with "this is the part where you laugh" writing.

Master of the Universe

Is it Shantae? It's pretty rare but after being released on the Nintendo virtual store the prices have gotten stupid.

What's happening indeed! It seems videogame collectors have at some point began accumulating lots of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Is it Shantae? It's pretty rare but after being released on the Nintendo virtual store the prices have gotten stupid.

What's happening indeed! It seems videogame collectors have at some point began accumulating lots of money.

So it went UP in value after getting a vc release??

Master of the Universe

2000AD is ****ing amazing!

It really does show the differences between usa and uk. Same for comedy shows... I love some English tounge in cheek ones like the office but I also like some American ones with "this is the part where you laugh" writing.

If it wasn't for 2000AD I wouldn't be the oddball I am now. :pac:

American comedy has come on leaps and bounds in the last few years. It's really surprising actually. I'd put a lot of it on par with British comedy, something I never thought I'd hear myself say.

Myrddin wrote: »
    So it went UP in value after getting a vc release??

Seems to be the way alright. Although, it could be a 'correlation does not imply causation' thing - as most rare games seem to be going up in value a lot lately. So it's hard to know if the VC release is the cause or if it would have happened anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,761 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

American comedy has come on leaps and bounds in the last few years. It's really surprising actually. I'd put a lot of it on par with British comedy, something I never thought I'd hear myself say.

Louie > All

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement