Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

It's party time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Had to laugh at this copy of Zelda on Adverts, described as excellent condition by the seller.
    http://www.adverts.ie/5532769

Using the glare of the plastic cover to hide the damage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

Had to laugh at this copy of Zelda on Adverts, described as excellent condition by the seller.
    http://www.adverts.ie/5532769

I like how he bothered to put it in a plastic sleeve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Doge

It's party time!

What event is going on there? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

waveform wrote: »
    What event is going on there? :)

Don't ask him!
    Then he won't have to tell us and I won't have to ban him!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

It's party time!

Was listening to the radio this morning, it said the traffic might be crap this evening in town because Miley Cyrus is at to O2 or something. Thought to myself, betcha atavan is going to that. Is that what the pic is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Don't ask him!
    Then he won't have to tell us and I won't have to ban him!

I was watching a live performance of sorts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just saw this on kickstarter, might interest some of ye

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/47744432/the-history-of-us-gold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

This is a nice site to while away a few hours of your day.

Snip: no linking to sites with roms or emulation in a browser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Was listening to the radio this morning, it said the traffic might be crap this evening in town because Miley Cyrus is at to O2 or something. Thought to myself, betcha atavan is going to that. Is that what the pic is?

Apparently you couldn't get a hotel room in Dublin last night for under €400

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,274 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Did anyone see the painting some artist did in The Point Village yesterday?

Is anyone else seeing what I'm seeing or am I just a dirty bastard?

90342005.jpg

90342008.jpg

Bukakke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

o1s1n wrote: »
    Did anyone see the painting some artist did in The Point Village yesterday?

Is anyone else seeing what I'm seeing or am I just a dirty bastard?

Thats unfortunate for two reasons:

1. as you pointed out, funny :D...

but 2. and more importantly its U2 plastered over a wall. Boooo to U2 in general.

Nice bit of artwork otherwise. I'd say it took him a while.

..edit the more I look at it I really cant see why he decided to put the green in there at all.

Master of the Universe

I can't see any other reason for the green other than the oh so disturbing obvious one. :confused:

Unless that's actually his intention - in that case I applaud him for getting away with something so utterly bizarre in the city centre :D

• Advertisement

Something I've never understood, why does, what seems like, the majority of Irish people hate U2?

Personally I think they're a great band, with great music. Have they just become an Irish stereotype that people shrug off?

Master of the Universe

It's true that many Irish people begrudge the success of their fellow Irish man - but in the case of U2, they're just sh1te :pac:

They have some of the worst lyrics I've ever come across.

High, higher than the sun
    You shoot me from a gun
    I need you to elevate me here
    At the corner of your lips
    As the orbit of your hips
    Eclipse, you elevate my soul

I've got no self control
    Been living like a mole now
    Going down, excavation
    I and I in the sky
    You make me feel like I can fly
    So high, elevation

I can imagine the writing process for the above.

'gun rhymes with sun, lips with hips, control rhymes with mole, sky..fly.. this thing writes itself.' - yes Bono, it writes itself if you just try to nonsensically stick words that sound the same together. I remember doing that kind of thing too, in primary school.

The fact that they're made out to be (and think it themselves) that they're one of the greatest bands of all time makes the hatred even worse.

Plus Bono wears sunglasses in doors. Anyone who does that should automatically be fired into the sun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,765 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The begrudgery argument pops up a whole lot when discussing Irish film in the film forum, and I think it's an unfortunate one. Just because something is Irish doesn't mean it gets a free pass or lower standards. U2 might have been a genuine creative force in pop music a few decades ago, but those days are past and their contemporary music could be described as mediocre and bland at best. And, let's be brutally honest here, Bono doesn't help himself - for a celebrity who has done an awful lot of undeniable good, he's a very hard man to like when you actually hear him speaking :pac: More power to them for their astonishing success, but yeah I have never warmed to even their best music.

I'd also like to think that whenever Ireland produces music, film, games, books, whatever that can genuinely compete quality wise with the best of the best, we should be proud of that fact and should expect nothing less. But if someone has legitimate, reasonable criticism, they should be completely allowed voice them too without being accused of begrudgery :)

Don't get me wrong, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I have opinions on things that other people would vehemently disagree with.

Like the fact that I think David Bowie hasn't had a good song since the 70's (except for maybe Under Pressure).

I also think that Alex Kidd in Miracle World is a superior game to Super Mario Bros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

Hygro wrote: »
    This is a nice site to while away a few hours of your day.

Snip: no linking to sites with roms or emulation in a browser

Is there emulation on it? I thought it was just an information site about arcade games. didn't go into too much depth on it.

Soz!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Don't get me wrong, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I have opinions on things that other people would vehemently disagree with.

Like the fact that I think David Bowie hasn't had a good song since the 70's (except for maybe Under Pressure).

I also think that Alex Kidd in Miracle World is a superior game to Super Mario Bros.

It's fun to disagree ;)

Oh by the way, 'China Girl', 'Lets Dance', 'I'm Afraid of Americans' - all great post 70s Bowie songs!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You see?
    You were doing good so well there, all the way to the final sentence then, BAM! f*cked it up, out the window with your credibility right there.

And Let's Dance, Little China Girl and Modern Love are Glob damn classics!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You had me for a while, until I read this I thought you were being serious.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You had me for a while, until I read this I thought you were being serious.

Deadly serious.

I mean seriously, in my mind, there's no comparison.

Deadly serious.

I mean seriously, in my mind, there's no comparison.

I know a guy who can fix that for you...
    Little tap on the temples with a pin hammer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Calm down lads. Have a yoke... ;)

maradona-greece-1994.jpg

Something I've never understood, why does, what seems like, the majority of Irish people hate U2?

Personally I think they're a great band, with great music. Have they just become an Irish stereotype that people shrug off?

Personally I think they're boring bland cater to the masses pop rock music.

Kinda like Coldplay, easy listening elevator tripe.

Tis a matter of opinion though, it'd be a boring world if we all liked the same thing. I'm sure theres a lot of bands I listen to that you think are rubbish too. ....... the difference here is you're wrong. :P

I think the Irish stereotype is more around Bono himself which is a very seperate issue, although that said I think he's a complete tool also.

Himself and Bob Geldof are two people I really can not stand although jesus Bobs had it tough of late.

Anyway we digress. eh to keep it on topic... Master System! :cool:

Master of the Universe

I heard a great phrase for bands like that;

'Rock music for people who don't listen to rock music'

Master System - there's one console I never really bothered with. Which is strange seeing as I love Sega's other consoles so much.

That's awesome!
    Think I might use them for my Emulator / ROM Folders.

I already have icons for all my Software Categories on my HDD.

I heard a great phrase for bands like that;

'Rock music for people who don't listen to rock music'

Master System - there's one console I never really bothered with. Which is strange seeing as I love Sega's other consoles so much.

I like that quote.

The master system is kinda a forgotten console though isnt it. People know the Nes from Duck Hunt and Mario and they know the Snes and Mega Drive but you get the feelin if you asked a person on the street did they know what a Master System was they'd probably stare at you blankly.

I quite like it all the same. Its from a day when consoles were truely different in terms of games unlike the xboxone v ps4 debate.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

And the weird thing is, it was pretty big in Europe in it's time - Yet nobody I knew really had one.

We did have a Power Base Converter, but only a couple of Master System games for it.

Dude, you need to install the md.emu emulator on your Moto G,
    and play Sonic 1 for the Master System.

The colours are unbelievable looking on the Moto G for that game.

I can help you "aquire" an apk if you like. Hehehe :cool:

Bomber Raid and Megumi Rescue.

Two reasons to own a Sega Mk III right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Bowie's creativity only went after Labyrinth, pinnacle of his career there.
    Sound and Vision, breaking glass and Lets Dance are more great 80 songs by Bowie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Because they're SH!TE, pure and simple. No time for them at all, Bono has to be one of the most egotisical tax dodging midgets I have ever seen. Strutting around in his cuban heels preaching his holier-than-thou rhetoric, feed the world me @rse.

Bono%2BPope.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I like U2 and The Offspring. And 5ive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Because they're SH!TE, pure and simple. No time for them at all, Bono has to be one of the most egotisical tax dodging midgets I have ever seen. Strutting around in his cuban heels preaching his holier-than-thou rhetoric, feed the world me @rse.

This tax-dodging argument I never can fathom. If I was in his position, I'd be doing whatever I could to protect the money I've earned...especially from the current shower of monkeys. And I'm sure a lot of others would do the same.

(Edit - I know tax revenue does do a lot of good, & is necessary...but the wreckless nature of how a lot of it is spent in this country be it on layer upon layer of inefficient administration, layers of overpaid bureaucrats, the buying of toxic assets from glorified gamblers, often the necessary cuts are targeted at soft touches while the big hitters are washed over. Maybe I should take this up with some politicians...oh I forgot, they're all off an their three month summer holiday soon so I'll wait till they're back at 'work')

I always liked E-Male. The worlds first boyband on rollerskates. Always thought they were never given a fair chance. :(

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    I always liked E-Male. The worlds first boyband on rollerskates. Always thought they were never given a fair chance. :(

It's all about the store music from Hard Off...no one can compete with that

• Advertisement

Myrddin wrote: »
    This tax-dodging argument I never can fathom.

He's happy enough to rub shoulders with the likes of the Obamas as an Irishman, so let him pay taxes like an Irishman. There aren't many people who make me :mad: but he's one of them, so I'll leave it there.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I like U2

We all have a cross to bear in life :) I won't hold it against you.

He's happy enough to rub shoulders with the likes of the Obamas as an Irishman, so let him pay taxes like an Irishman. There aren't many people who make me :mad: but he's one of them, so I'll leave it there.

He's not doing anything illegal :D Do you ascribe the same hatred to F1 stars who reside in Monaco too?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,765 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I like U2 and The Offspring. And 5ive

Mandatory 'Yah yah yah yah yah!'

Myrddin wrote: »
    He's not doing anything illegal :D Do you ascribe the same hatred to F1 stars who reside in Monaco too?

No, most of them are actually fairly talented at what they do for a living.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

It's fun to disagree ;)

Oh by the way, 'China Girl', 'Lets Dance', 'I'm Afraid of Americans' - all great post 70s Bowie songs!

Let's not forget the soundtrack and guest appearance in Omikron: The Nomad Soul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

No, most of them are actually fairly talented at what they do for a living.

Must resist posting Maldonado pic.....................

Sparks43 wrote: »

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Sod it :D

pastor-maldonado-the-movie.jpg

Actually monkeykube, I still have that Wii RGB scart for you! Must drop it down to you.

What's the consensus on those GBA with AGS101 screens, you know the original type GBA, not the SP? Andrew, I think you got one before didn't you? Was it a good job done on it, ie any dust/marks behind the screen lens etc? I'd love an AGS101 but I bloody hate the SP, so they seem like a good trade-off?

As I said most not all.:rolleyes:
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/most

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement