Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Do I see a row of Astros and NNCs?

China - when did you get taste?! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Today I'll mostly be moaning about Let's-Players, and the fact it's difficult to navigate gameplay footage on Youtube without some cretin giving a strained, contrived commentary on top of it.

Yeah, life-ending and all that, but really, for every one that actually does something with the format, there's 247,000 doing it for easy partnership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The likes of that Pewdiepie chap on YT does my absolute head in. The chap has nearly 8 million subscribers, it really calls for a "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" meme sometimes.

All he does is scream & shout, that whole wannabe comedian act really annoys me...just play the f**king note game!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

The hell is Pewpewdie?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ran an accidental, uncontrolled and dreadfully unscientific experiment to compare the Asian and American postal systems. Ordered a few DVDs from the States during the Barnes & Noble sale. Shipped 13th July, postage around six euro. Ordered a game off Play Asia a few days later. Shipped on the 23rd, free postage.

Yes, you can see where this is going: game arrived today, DVDs still in some weird postal limbo.

Conclusion: USPS makes An Post look generally competent and efficient.

And yes, Let's Play videos are the devil. Who in the name of heck actually sits down and watches them, especially when they're like 147 parts long? The only use they serve is identifying whether you've actually hit a glitch or if there's something really obvious you've missed - maybe a twice a year issue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

EnterNow wrote: »
    The likes of that Pewdiepie chap on YT does my absolute head in. The chap has nearly 8 million subscribers, it really calls for a "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" meme sometimes.

8 million subscribers? Nope. Try 11 million. He's also the most subscribed channel on youtube.

If anything it proves my point that the majority of Internet users idiot male youths with no taste. It explains the Legend of Dragoon love :P

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    8 million subscribers? Nope. Try 11 million. He's also the most subscribed channel on youtube.

If anything it proves my point that the majority of Internet users idiot male youths with no taste. It explains the Legend of Dragoon love :P
    Need I bring up your love of the CDi Zelda games again? And that fact that Fred was once a thing on YouTube?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

And that fact that Fred was once a thing on YouTube?

Unfortunately that bull****tery went further:

220px-Fred_3_DVD_cover.jpg

THREE FILMS. With appearances from Tom Arnold and John Cena.

If you'll excuse me humanity, I'm just going to commit some seppuku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

This is a good channel for longplays with no commentary, just the games:

http://www.youtube.com/user/cubex55

Unfortunately that bull****tery went further:

220px-Fred_3_DVD_cover.jpg

THREE FILMS. With appearances from Tom Arnold and John Cena.

If you'll excuse me humanity, I'm just going to commit some seppuku.
    I know. I've even seen MikeJ's reviews of the movies. But I haven't heard of him in ages now (obviously a good thing in my books).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I just lost a lot of respect for XSeed. They are localising a new 3DS game. Out of all the games that are left to rot unlocalised they choose this one:

It is made by their parent company but I mean come on! WTF!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Re 3ds might I recommend Cave Story, yes it's s carbon copy of the free PC game in structure but it looks and plays great.
    Expensive and hard to find though, probably one of the first future investment titles on the format.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

http://i.imgur.com/fCUMc.jpg

pic is too big to [img][/img]

Augmerson wrote: »
    http://i.imgur.com/fCUMc.jpg

pic is too big to [img][/img]
    610x.jpg

Nintendo Direct time:

www.nintendo.co.uk/nintendodirect

Sonic Lost World looks better and better. Never thought I'd be saying that about a Sonic game.

Master of the Universe

Sonic Lost World looks better and better. Never thought I'd be saying that about a Sonic game.

Hopefully it's as good as Sonic Adventure - the Mario64 beater :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Be careful, you might just be getting sucked into the "Sonic Cycle"...

Be careful, you might just be getting sucked into the "Sonic Cycle"...
    Well, 2 months from release and nothing stupid revealed so far. Only friends we've got are Tails, Knuckles and Amy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Anybody here heading to Dublin ComiCon at the weekend?

Layton vs Ace Attorney finally announced for the West. Hope it gets a US release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Layton vs Ace Attorney finally announced for the West. Hope it gets a US release.
    ( ; u ; ) just finished watching the video, cannot wait!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, 2 months from release and nothing stupid revealed so far. Only friends we've got are Tails, Knuckles and Amy.

Big the cat or Shadow the Hedgehog, it's only a matter of time....

When did we start considering Amy as anything more than an annoying friend? :pac:

It's coming to the US according to Level 5's book of face.

When did we start considering Amy as anything more than an annoying friend? :pac:

^ This!!!

Tails, fine.
    Knuckles, grand.

Any of the rest of them? GTFO!

Master of the Universe

^ This!!!

Tails, fine.
    Knuckles, grand.

Any of the rest of them? GTFO!

But what about Ray the Flying Squirrel and Mighty the Armadillo? :(

title_screen.png

The lad on the left looks distressingly like Al Jolson in the Jazz Singer :eek:

o1s1n wrote: »

title_screen.png

Little more than palette swaps TBH!

• Advertisement

zusYBk9.gif

o1s1n wrote: »
    I really liked Mighty in the comics and think they should bring back Nack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

sanic the hedgehog is where its at thies days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Can I get some bleach for my eyes, it will be less painful then watching them.....

you forgot Sanic R

SOD IT! I should have said this hours ago.

So the nostalgic types who would claim that she ruined the franchise will be stunned that she was in Sonic CD.

• Advertisement

She was the only good thing about Sonic CD other than the music.

She was the only good thing about Sonic CD other than the music.
    Which music? Japanese/EU or US? Choose wisely.

pfft, Japanese/EU of course!

So the word is that Dragon's Crown is absolutely superb. the HG101 guys adore it. They say it's like the Capcom D&D games but on steroids. There's tonnes of depth and the combo system is excellent. George Kamitani worked at Capcom for a while and was the lead on both of those games so it comes as no surprise.

Who knows, even Ciderlad might like them.

pfft, Japanese/EU of course!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Wow Sanic R looks amazing... wayyy better than Sonic 06.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

45_not_easy_being_green.png

Sera wrote: »
    Wait a minute, this isn't the comic character. It's just the harmless American menace who once hid his dad's hat and in a 2 part episode, accidentally stood on Mr. Wilson's flowerbed.

So I started Hakuoki today and have a bit of a dilemma. The problem is guys should not play an otome game like this, not because of the inherent wrongness of playing as a girl and picking a guy to go out with. It's the dilemma a father has when they let their daughter out to her first teenage disco. She's probably going to get (edit) by the biggest scumbag going but there's nothing you can do about it :P

There's a load of hunky samaurai to pick from but none of them are good enough for my Chizuru. You stay away from her you hear!

So I started Hakuoki today and have a bit of a dilemma. The problem is guys should not play an otome game like this, not because of the inherent wrongness of playing as a girl and picking a guy to go out with. It's the dilemma a father has when they let their daughter out to her first teenage disco. She's (edit) her by the biggest scumbag going but there's nothing you can do about it :P

There's a load of hunky samaurai to pick from but none of them are good enough for my Chizuru. You stay away from her you hear!
    wait-what.gif

Master of the Universe

So I started Hakuoki today and have a bit of a dilemma. The problem is guys should not play an otome game like this, not because of the inherent wrongness of playing as a girl and picking a guy to go out with. It's the dilemma a father has when they let their daughter out to her first teenage disco. She's (edit) her by the biggest scumbag going but there's nothing you can do about it :P

Well that sounded odd, even coming from you! :eek:

5v2T3Co.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Let the record show, that this is being entered as exhibit A as to why I can never father a daughter.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement